Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can turkeys see color? Would a colored flashlight make a difference when sneaking into the woods, like hunting for predators?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can turkeys see color? Would a colored flashlight make a difference when sneaking into the woods, like hunting for predators?

Can turkeys see color? Would a colored flashlight make a difference when sneaking into the woods, like hunting for predators?

I recommend using a red LED flashlight. Red light will not ruin your night vision, where other colors can. As far as can they see it, beats me. I just know that if I use a red light to go to my spot, when I turn it off, I can see a whole lot better than if I had used a white light.

Comment

I know turkeys can see color with the best of us. About the colored light, I don't know. I know I hold the Southeast Regional Championship in scaring turkeys off the roost, and I can probably do it as well with a colored light as I can with a white one.

Comment

Yes turkeys can see color just like we do using 8 power binoculars. I use an LED light, these cast a pale bluish light that seems not to spook game and maintains my night vision.
        later,
        charlie

Comment

Should have also added; turkeys can not see in the dark. It is the noise we make that usually spooks em.
          later,
          charlie

Comment

I use a standard flashlite with a piece of red syran wrap on it. I also use it very very sparingly. The only time that the light goes on is when I need to make sure I am on the right track to my tree.

Comment

What i gonna say has already been said, turkeys see red and blue and think of another gobbler because of the color around its neck. So what they have already said use a red flashlight.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget