Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is your favourit spring turkey call? Hoping to det some ideas 4 my birthday!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is your favourit spring turkey call? Hoping to det some ideas 4 my birthday!

What is your favourit spring turkey call? Hoping to det some ideas 4 my birthday!

This probably won't do you any good for your birthday because my favorite call is a hand-made, custom scratch box copied from the boxes my father built and sold from back in the 1940's.
    My favorite commercial call is a Woodhaven Red Wasp diaphragm.

Comment

Woodhaven slate is my go to call. Has been for the last 10 years.
      Happy Birthday.
      later
      charlie

Comment

I tried one of their glass calls at Bass Pro a week or so ago and it was one of the finest sounding calls I've ever used, but when I saw the $60.00 price tag, I regretfully and carefully put it away. Now that would make a good birthday present.

Comment

pineywood they are worth every penny. Woodhaven pots bring gobblers in close. Frankly due to the price fewer guys have em giving a fresh sound on heavily hunted lands.
          later,
          charlie
          P.S. That is why I shoot lead shells. ;-)

Comment

Charlie elk, it's a sad fact that since I'm getting past the age where I lust after beautiful young women, I'm lusting after expensive turkey calls (which are actually much cheaper in the long run) and will probably end up buying one of the Woodhaven pots before the season is out. All it will take is a couple of frustrating sessions where I'll convince myself that if I'd just had the right call, he'd have come on in.
            I heard the first gobblers of the season this morning---four different birds---gorgeous morning with redbuds, yellow jasmine, techincolor sunrise, bluets and violets underfoot, just chilly enough to frost my breath. Makes me look hard and breathe deeply to take as much of it into myself as possible. If I could just cut a real thin slice of a morning like this and fold it up and carry it with me all day, I could put up with most anything.

Comment

LOL pineywoods our priorities do change over time-- for the better.
              Woodhaven is a good company after a winter hunt my cold hands dropped my beloved 10 yr old slate on the concrete floor. Something happened inside that made it not sound so good anymore. I sent it to Woodhaven for repair and they didn't charge me for it not even for shipping. Sounds as good as new.
              Hope you realize your talk of those spring mornings make me envious of you. The temps here are right around zero with snow and freezing rain in the forecast. I have been finding winter kill turkeys & deer. Send some of that spring up here we could really use it.;-)
              later,
              charlie

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget