Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Last year I bought a diaphragm turkey call at the end of the season. I practiced with it for a while and then put it away inside

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last year I bought a diaphragm turkey call at the end of the season. I practiced with it for a while and then put it away inside

Last year I bought a diaphragm turkey call at the end of the season. I practiced with it for a while and then put it away inside my home. I recently pulled them out to start brushing up for this season, but they appear to have cracked and almost dry rotted. Is there a special way I should store them to prevent this from happening in the future? Thanks! Hugh Horton, Watha, NC

Not sure why they did that. I just leave them in their original case and have not had any problems.

Comment

I keep mine in the fridge, I read (not sure where) that they keep longer that way.

Comment

I cut the ends off of toothpicks and stick them between the latex...this has kept them from sticking together and I make sure they are wet before I use them just in case the latex is dry and brittle. Also I put them in the original plastic cases and in a ziplock bag to keep moisture out...I had the same problem as you until I started doing this.

Comment

You want moisture in with your call then you store it. Humidify your little plastic case by adding a small sponge with water.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget