Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

During the Fall and Winter months I often notice Canada geese flying over my land to an unknown destination,they are usually fl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• During the Fall and Winter months I often notice Canada geese flying over my land to an unknown destination,they are usually fl

During the Fall and Winter months I often notice Canada geese flying over my land to an unknown destination,they are usually flying to high to shoot and I would like to know, is there a way to call them down into shooting range?

For sure, learn decoy set ups and calling techniques and go out and have some fun. Sooner or later they need to rest and that means finding a landing spot. Why not your land. Give them some incentive to choose your piece and not the next guy's over.

Comment

Decoying and calling it's alot of fun until you have to pick up decoys but it is definitely worth it. The other option i suppose is to grow something in a field that the geese will stop to eat.

Comment

I worked for Lew Childre back in the seventies and he raised geese and ducks loose in his back yard to study their coos and and other litte suttle sounds. He praticed and got to where he could make little sounds with his mouth that would call just about any water fowl. At his office in down town Foley, he used to look up and tell us " watch those geese that just flew over" then he would make litte soft low mating coos and the geese would turn around and circle us. They have good hearing and will respond to to the right call. During all the hunting I did with Lew, he never made the goose honking sound. The calling he did was all soft and low funny little coos, squeaks, and hissing, and cut funny whistles which worked very well.

Comment

opps, *cute* funny little whistling sounds

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Pay it forward
            by fitch270
            I'm not sure how much interest this will generate but I figured I'd give it a shot and see how it goes. As a way of saying thanks for the help and entertainment...
            Yesterday, 01:34 PM
          • Reloading Gear Order
            by fitch270
            I have a bunch of stuff in a cart at Midway and wanted to check with you guys before I place the order. A few things on the cheap side I want to make...
            10-17-2020, 08:31 AM
          • Ruger Oops! Round 2
            by dewman
            Asked girls if they want it. (Mk4 Hunter) No. We want another rifle so we aren't sharing the one single shot. Some phone calls and a pal & me meet...
            10-16-2020, 03:20 PM
          • Who hunts big game with a handgun?
            by Ernie
            Any handgun hunters here?
            Describe your hunting handguns (With Pics!) whether they be revolvers, semi-autos or single-shot specialty pistols.
            10-16-2020, 02:01 PM
          • What are you hunting with this season? Pics please!
            by Ernie
            I am new here, so I’d like to get you to know you better
            hi primarily hunt with a variety of handguns for big game, and I like shooting those...
            10-16-2020, 01:43 PM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X