Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just received my March edition of OL. Love the articles. The article by Gerry Bethge really captured my attention as I am a new

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just received my March edition of OL. Love the articles. The article by Gerry Bethge really captured my attention as I am a new

Just received my March edition of OL. Love the articles. The article by Gerry Bethge really captured my attention as I am a new turkey hunter. He mentions making a call from an empty 35mm film canister and has a brief explanation. Any chance of getting a sketch or picture of the call? As always, a picture is worth 1000 words. Thanks, Randy Gallinger

They ran an article about this call a few years back. I made one and they work alright. I don't have a pic but its pretty easy. Cut half of canister lid off leaving the brim so it still will stick to the canister. Cut off the bottom of the canister. Then take a piece of latex, I just cut up a glove, and stretch it over the hole you cut and secure it with a rubber band. Knight and Hale also makes a call very similar to this check it out http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product_10151_-1_10001_21553_425009003_425000000_425009000_425-9-3. and it might help.

Comment

Hmm that's interesting I haven't got my issue for march yet. I'm going to have to try to make one of those i guess.

Comment

The answer is in the archives of F&S, they ran it as a reader tip and had instruction, google it and you can also find the instructions.

Comment

Phil gives pretty good instructions on how to make this with an illustration, if you need more than that, there are good youtube videos on how to do it.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget