Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I used the Remington Hypersonic Steel 1700 fps shotshells yesterday on a goose hunt. They outperformed other steel loads by a g

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I used the Remington Hypersonic Steel 1700 fps shotshells yesterday on a goose hunt. They outperformed other steel loads by a g

I used the Remington Hypersonic Steel 1700 fps shotshells yesterday on a goose hunt. They outperformed other steel loads by a great margin. I say Remington has discovered the 'Mother Lode''!!! Has any one else had experience in the field with this new shot gun shell?

Kody---The burning question in my mind is, did you get any geese? Glad to hear the ammo performed up to your expectations.

Comment

Pineywoods, I am heading to the garage shortly to prepare the birds. I did not limit out but I did knock down what I shot at and that has not been happening over the past few years. You need only hear that shot ripping thru the air to know something different is going on with these shotgun shells.

Comment

i am shooting federal black cloud performance is alright. how much do these shells cost per box? are they a box of twenty five?

Comment

Glad to hear that you have dinner taken care of and I hope that your success continues. Were these Canadians, snows, or what? (I'm not a goose hunter, but it sounds interesting with the calling, blinds and other stuff.)

Comment

Eugene I have tried that Black cloud stuff and was not impressed at the ranges I described above. You are going to pay about a buck a shell. It comes in boxes of 25 rounds. The lead substitute stuff is far more than that and I refused to use them. At least we have some steel that will perform and perhaps perhaps see production runs that bring the costs down. Who know?
            Pineywoods, I have little time these days which means no prescouting for decoy shoots. Work gets in the way of being a full time hunter. Consequently, my truck load of field hunting gear sits idle and we just frequent areas around water that birds tend to be. We aren't as successful hunting in this manner but it gets us into the field and we usually get to shoot our guns and bring down a few birds. When shooting over decoys you usually manage to close the range but pass shooting means high flying birds. I shot a Greater Canada and a Lesser Canada on the Saturday hunt. The Lesser is about the size of a Snow Goose while the big boy is about twice as big. Their marking appear to be identical. It can be challenging estimating ranges on these birds for obvious reasons.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Blood trailing
              by fitch270
              Blood trailing ended up being a thing this weekend, figured I’d throw one more spin off out for the sake of serious discussion.

One of...
              10-13-2021, 08:42 PM
            • Gear Takeaways So Far This Year
              by fitch270
              I’ve always typically liked to travel light, hate carrying stuff I rarely use. So far this season I’ve twice now had reason to reconsider some basics....
              10-10-2021, 07:55 PM
            • Season update
              by fitch270
              Less than a week in and it’s been extremely active. Lots of close encounters and lots of buck activity but we haven’t drawn back yet. Strange thing...
              10-05-2021, 09:20 PM
            • Rimfire deer?
              by dewman
              Ok here's the discussion happening around here. (Missouri) All centerfire pistol calibers are deer legal here. Yes that includes the 380, 25auto. Have...
              10-04-2021, 02:04 PM
            • Shooting CVA scout pistol - winning ammo is......
              by dewman
              Deer Season XP copper impact.(Winchester) Their all copper rd. Shot better for me than regular deer season xp or Brownings 130 gr long range. Bummer as...
              10-04-2021, 11:51 AM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X