Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I shoot a 12 Gauge Mossberg, and i'm finding that the Remington Game loads, and in some cases the Pheasant loads aren't very eff

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I shoot a 12 Gauge Mossberg, and i'm finding that the Remington Game loads, and in some cases the Pheasant loads aren't very eff

I shoot a 12 Gauge Mossberg, and i'm finding that the Remington Game loads, and in some cases the Pheasant loads aren't very effective in the areas that I hunt. I encounter many long shots (typically anywhere from 10 feet to 30-40 feet) anyone hve any suggestions on a load that will increase my effectiveness?

I've been using #7 and #8 shot part of it could also be that theres alot of brush cover, and I have let some of my buddies use my shotgun so maybe they took the choke out last season, I never bothered to check. Thanks guys.

Comment

You might spend some time at the range too, those ranges you still should be killing dove and quail size birds even with an cylinder choke. For pheasants I wouldn't use anything smaller than 6 shot and preferably 4s.

Comment

Oh the distance measure is actually yards didn't catch that before

Comment

Moving up to #6 is probably not a bad idea, I've used #6 game loads for squirrels and pheasants and it doesn't tear up the meat.

Be sure to check your choke and patter to see what the shotgun is doing.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget