Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

im from kentucky and hunt a 600 acre farm. theres no hunting presure just what little hunting i do. and id say 350+ acres are wo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• im from kentucky and hunt a 600 acre farm. theres no hunting presure just what little hunting i do. and id say 350+ acres are wo

im from kentucky and hunt a 600 acre farm. theres no hunting presure just what little hunting i do. and id say 350+ acres are woods. the birds are quiet. theyll gobble on roost then when they hit the ground nothing. what can i do to grab there attention?????

Try decoys on the open areas adjacent to some of your wooded areas--a couple of hen decoys just might help out.

Comment

countryboy I am in Ky also and am having the same problem. Occasionaly I can get one to gobble using a box call, calling really loud. I had decoys out last weekend with 2 toms in my neighbors field walking around. They never did cross the fence line all day long!! I tried everything. They just weren't interested! Trying again tomorrow. Good Luck!

Comment

Sounds like a lot of hens looking for toms.
        Try calling some hens in. Use kee-kee, whines and purrs with a yelp or 2 thrown in. Sometimes the hens will bring the toms in tow with them.
        No matter stay at it this situation could change any time with the toms sudden out gobbling for a girl.
        good hunting.
        later,
        charlie

Comment

Study their travel routes and set up near expected locations. It's tough to call a gobbler off a live hen but if there is a well placed decoy near then maybe...

Comment

get within 150 yards of were the roost and right before dark do a bunch of cutting or a fly up cackle the go back to were you did the calling the night before and don't call to them until they fly down and don't use decoys. I did that and i killed a tom on 4/28/10 so it dose work

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Colorado surprise. Couple of dads guns.
              by dewman
              So even with all the wrangling being done to screw we 4 sons of my father I got a little lucky. Even though my stepmom is still alive and her 3 sons from...
              Yesterday, 10:12 PM
            • Now That's Service
              by jhjimbo
              Had my local Jeep dealer mount two tires and rotate some. When they did that they also spray painted my rims to cover up some brake dust stains I could...
              Yesterday, 07:57 PM
            • Lost some cover; pic heavy
              by fitch270
              ​ ​ ​ Long story shorter, my Aunt’s 70’ish year old spring line plugged up last Friday, a combination of old iron pipe and poly. The only way to...
              09-19-2020, 06:07 PM
            • Covid-19
              by jhjimbo
              Any indication a game animal can get the virus ? The news had a case of a dog in I think NC that got the virus.

Tucker Carlson had a guest...
              09-17-2020, 10:38 PM
            • Spur of the moment rifle
              by Amflyer
              I stopped in the local Scheels the other day so see about getting some IMR 4831. As a slow-ish old school powder I thought that the current buying craze...
              09-17-2020, 11:25 AM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X