Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many of you have been hunting your own private property and had someone either trespass or shoot game from the road on your

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many of you have been hunting your own private property and had someone either trespass or shoot game from the road on your

How many of you have been hunting your own private property and had someone either trespass or shoot game from the road on your land? If you were to run into these people while hunting your land what would you do?

Confrontation is always a bad thing---proper procedure would be to obtain a description of the vehicle or persons--a license plate number even a partial plate number with a visual description of the vehicle would be useful----contact your local authorities as they have the proper training and expertise to deal with this situation. Since this person has already displayed unethical practices;the situation could escalate into you being accused of threatening them or some fictional claim to defer their actions.Make the wise choice.

Comment

i would try to get the attention and ask for their license , or try not to scare them off and call dnr.

Comment

If it was my land I would confront them. First I would call GFP and then ask about their license's, get a description of them and their vehicle and then kick them off.

Comment

There was someone trespassed on our land deer hunting and they shot one of cows.

Comment

avoid confrontation if posible, if not explain that this is private property and that others are nearby and that it'd be best if the trespassers left and not enter the land again. Get the vehicle discription and license number and call the local sherrif and Game officer to report the violation. I've had a couple of large 140+ bucks shot on my property by road hunters that I know of who knows hom many these theifs have killed. I dispise outlaw hunters and report all I witness, I dont care if you're kin, you break a game law or trespass, I will report YOU!!

Comment

A note to be made I'm not familiar with your laws where you are, but where I'm from you have to have the property clearly marked as private all around it, so definitely make sure that it is clear that it is your property. But I also know that in some places it's perfectly legal to shoot game on one side of the road that may not be posted and if it crosses over to your side and dies the hunter is allowed to retrieve it. Personally I am not an advocate of restricting access, but I would put up an access by permission only rule on my property. I wouldn't buy a parcel of land that was formerly the only public boat launch on a lake and close it, I'd let people use it to get on the water (people aren't bitter about that one around here). No access is becoming to much of a problem for people in my area and it really limits where you can go. Unfortunately I do see that people abuse the privilege of access to private property and it is one reason why we are losing access to former hunting grounds.

Comment

Take picture with the cell phone, get license plate and let Johny Law handle it! Don't be a hero and try to handle it yourself, it's hazardous to your health!!!

Comment

If I found someone on my land POOOOWWWW!!! Haha just kidding just politely ask them to leave and if they don't then report them to the DNR.

Comment

Visit LandToHunt.com. It's an online marketplace to lease land to hunt or lease your own land to hunters for a day or more.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• The college student puzzle..
                      by 99explorer
                      A student rides his scooter to the train station to go to college. His home in between two train stations.
                      The first station is a mile from home,...
                      Yesterday, 01:58 PM
                    • Pieces of gold.
                      by 99explorer
                      Which is worth more, a pound of $10 gold pieces, or half a pound of $20 gold pieces?
                      08-23-2019, 06:45 PM
                    • Mansion on fire.
                      by 99explorer
                      One of Jeffrey Epstein's mansions is on fire.
                      It has three main rooms. One is full of money in cash, another contains valuable paintings, and the...
                      08-23-2019, 10:04 AM
                    • Firing squad.
                      by 99explorer
                      A man is shot by 12 members of a firing squad, and the squad officer administers the coup de grace with a bullet to the head.
                      This final shot does...
                      08-22-2019, 09:07 PM
                    • Lost in the woods.
                      by 99explorer
                      You are lost in the woods and come to a fork in the road.
                      One path leads to civilization and the other will get you lost forever.
                      Two Indians...
                      08-22-2019, 01:24 PM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X