Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone got a bird to gobble yet i've been trying for the last couple of weeks and hadn't heard anything.I swamped the boat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone got a bird to gobble yet i've been trying for the last couple of weeks and hadn't heard anything.I swamped the boat

Has anyone got a bird to gobble yet i've been trying for the last couple of weeks and hadn't heard anything.I swamped the boat yesterday in about eight feet of water ,fried my phone wet my wallet and plumb humiliated me,on top of that i got my truck stuck in the back yard from all the flooding.just a bad day.I'M grounded gotta stay on the couch.We'll see how long this last.

Your post got me laughing. Definitely sounds like my kind of luck. I haven't even seen my local flock around lately so no I have not heard any gobbling. Hope things go better for ya tomorrow.

Comment

Jacy, while I am sorry that you are having a tough time of it, your charades made me laugh.
      I have been having a rough time of it too. Where I am, the entire base is iced over. I look like a drunken deer on ice. Just this morning I slipped in all my body armor and felt like a turtle on its back just trying to get back up. (Fortunately, no one saw it.)

Comment

I heard one gobble in December and one in January, but none recently. Haven't been out in the early mornings yet---waiting for better weather---too d*mned cold yet when it's not too wet. Sounds like there's plenty of rain where you are, too. Captain, you sound like me when I fall down; the first thing I do is look around to see if anybody saw me, then I check to see if I'm hurt anywhere.

Comment

Jacy you are a funny guy...
          If I were to fall out of my boat now something would be broken on me for sure. The water around here is 3 feet hard (ice). The other day I started cutting a hole to fish but lost interest before it was big enough for my boat.
          No gobbling yet however the gobblers are yelping as they fly down around noon or so.
          later,
          charlie

Comment

Yes Pineywoods, it is more important that no one saw you fall than if you are actually hurt
            Charlie, good luck with the gobblers. Hit that call box once for me. I am going to try to learn turkey hunting next spring. It can't be that hard, right?...

Comment

Some body in the neighborhood has a rooster or has some kind of call.I have been hearing it for about the last three days .IT's 4:48 right know and 27 degrees but i'm going out to listen see if they will holler for me I got a killer super crow from Primos.
              Everybody have a great day.

Comment

Will do Captain, you'll enjoy turkey hunting you seem a guy who loves a hunt. What could go wrong?
                BTW, as the grip of my snowshoes gave way on a steep hillside last night, skidding me down and wedging me under a snow covered log; a huge belly laugh exploded as I pictured Captain Turtle, soggy jacy, oogling pineywoods & wedgie elk cartoon characters all in their own pickles...LOL.

Comment

thats hilarious charlie, I hope your alright. You may want to get new snow shoes

Comment

Yeah i hope you are all right Charlie it's a bad time to be laid up.

Comment

I still have some bounce left me no damage done. No matter how good the crampons if the snow gives way you are in for a ride. Mostly it is fun around here not dealing with mountains just large hills. In mountains I take many more precautions.

Comment

I've got three flocks of birds that all have over 50 birds in each. Each group has 6-13 gobblers in it. I've heard them gobbling and have gotten a few to gobbble at me.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget