Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

i have a few wild turkeys around my house and was wondering if u could explain a habit that they do....its a hot summer day 100

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i have a few wild turkeys around my house and was wondering if u could explain a habit that they do....its a hot summer day 100

i have a few wild turkeys around my house and was wondering if u could explain a habit that they do....its a hot summer day 100 plus in the sun and all but one of them will lay down in the dirt, sun and cover themselves with a wing with shade 10 feet away.....i was told it was to cool themselves while they slept and the one standing was on watch...if this was the case why wouldn't they move into the shade cover? thank u for ur time Dan

FeatherRiverDan : could they be dusting themselfs?

Comment

Agree Oledeertracker; sounds like they are dusting. They do this prevent and remove the mites from their feathers. The dirt is drier in the sun making it easier for them to cover themselves.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget