Coyotes in the open

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coyotes in the open

How do they know when they’re basically safe?

Stopped the truck on the side of the road, the bigger one flinched pretty good when the air brakes popped but he didn’t run. Took some pics then followed them up the field and stopped a couple more times. The darker one was much bigger, probably half again the size of the other. Likely the biggest coyote I’ve ever seen. Maybe a big male with a younger female. Mousing it I guess, The season is open until the end of March, need to get out with the Kid before it shuts down.

E41D9639-B8D0-4313-A08D-2E882FDAC401.jpg

B26BFA0B-6A0C-4AC5-9C02-43CA86D35C9A.jpg

59C5FC62-DC6A-4706-BD49-3F550B7B3729.jpg

They don't have ESP. I've shot a bunch that stood there stupidly staring at me. Trick is to always be packing and ready. Drive expecting to see targets of opportunity. I believe all wild animals key into shifts in the norm. We slow down or stop. They catch us watching them intently and it makes them nervous. Think pretty girl walking along. They notice us staring and "poof" it's fight or flight. Ask any hot woman, they'll tell you Saturday night at the club is like a watering hole in Zambezi. PH probably the resident expert on this.🤔😉

Comment

Wowww I want to have chance to do like this

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget