Christmas Eve Coyote

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Christmas Eve Coyote

Well, this season has been a disappointment for deer hunting. However, I was able to get the juvenile female coyote on Christmas Eve. I was set up behind brush along a powerline, watching a food plot for deer. This animal made the mistake of jogging across just 35 yards away. One shot with the .45-70 and she dropped in her tracks. The exit wound was about as large as a 50-cent coin. NEF Handi-Rifle with factory loaded Hornady 325gr FTX bullet.

Have any of you taken a coyote with the .45-70?

Nice looking yote.

Comment

Thanks! That .45-70 always performs well on game.

Comment

Sending you a congrats over here as well as on F&S. Looks as though the answers section has disappeared entirely over there.

Comment

Thanks Dewman!

It's interesting that the interface is slightly different between the two sites. Try this link:

https://answers.fieldandstream.com

Comment

Think I'll hang out here going in and let F&S get by without me. Saw you got your threaded Ruger American. Got to shoot both a mk4 and a cz with a suppresser. If I was just starting out I'd definitely jump through the hoops. They are SWEET! I know you're gonna love it.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget