Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What would you do if a mountain lion moved in under your house? Apparently this is not an abstract question according to the LA Times -Famed P-22 Mountain Lion Stuck Under House and won't come out. http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-famed-p

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What would you do if a mountain lion moved in under your house? Apparently this is not an abstract question according to the LA Times -Famed P-22 Mountain Lion Stuck Under House and won't come out. http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-famed-p

What would you do if a mountain lion moved in under your house? Apparently this is not an abstract question according to the LA Times -Famed P-22 Mountain Lion Stuck Under House and won't come out. http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-famed-p22-mountain-lion-found-under-los-feliz-home-owner-says-20150413-story.html

Something would have to be done if I believed it planned on staying. Probably call the DNR and have it darted, sedated, and removed. That's probably what they will need to do with the lion in LA.

Comment

When our cats don't want to move we just throw them some catnip. Always does the trick. As DSM said, probably a dart if they can get eyes on it.

Comment

I think I'd prefer a flash bang on that one. Maybe some CS.
        If a mountain lion has decided to make itself comfortable in my space, it would be comfortable snatching a small person in my yard as well. I don't want it just relocated. I want it to have an extremely bad experience.

Comment

I believe that would be worse than a skunk under the house. I would agree with DSM, dart it and remove it. What I WOULDN'T do is pelt it with bean bags and tennis balls, and poke it with a pole, like they did. That sounds like a recipe for someone getting attacked.

Comment

I believe that would be worse than a skunk under the house. I would agree with DSM, dart it and remove it. What I WOULDN'T do is pelt it with bean bags and tennis balls, and poke it with a pole, like they did. That sounds like a recipe for someone getting attacked.

Comment

Originally posted by huntfishtrap View Post
              On the skunk option I'm too sure which... had not considered that choice before now. Leaving towards the lion at least if it had to be shot it would ruin my house.

Comment

meant "leaning" not "leaving" but the skunk would make me leave.

Comment

Originally posted by JM View Post
                  When our cats don't want to move we just throw them some catnip. Always does the trick. As DSM said, probably a dart if they can get eyes on it.
                  OK, if the catnip got the big kitty out. Then what are you going to do with him?

Comment

Originally posted by DSMbirddog View Post
                    Something would have to be done if I believed it planned on staying. Probably call the DNR and have it darted, sedated, and removed. That's probably what they will need to do with the lion in LA.
                    Remember this is California not Iowa where all you practical people folks reside. If I'm not mistaken cougars can be shot on sight in Iowa.

Comment

Originally posted by jcarlin View Post
                      If a mountain lion has decided to make itself comfortable in my space, it would be comfortable snatching a small person in my yard as well. I don't want it just relocated. I want it to have an extremely bad experience.
                      Remember this California and they many times behave differently. Sorry shoka no offence to you, I'm pretty sure we know how you'd deal with a large cat under your house...

Comment

Originally posted by jcarlin View Post
                        That is true. How dare they presume to keep a cougar out of their house. Speciesist.

Comment

Once all the TV crews, reporters, and camp followers left the scene, apparently, old P-22 wandered back into the mountains

Comment

Originally posted by DSMbirddog View Post
                            Yeah, they are officially considered to not exist here, so they can be shot anywhere, any time. Don't ask me how the DNR rationalizes allowing something that doesn't exist to be shot...

Comment

The skunk option only came into my head because I just found a dead skunk in my garage this morning. I'd been wondering for the last several days why I was smelling skunk on both the vehicles parked in there, and finally today I saw it laying dead in a corner. Don't know what happened to it...

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget