Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you think about sewing up bullet holes or accidental knife cuts in pelts (fox, coyote, etc.)? it seems to be a pretty widely-accepted practice, but I've always thought it a bit dishonest, though I confess I've done it on occasion.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by charlie elk View Post
    I think it is dishonest if it's a case of misrepresenting the condition of the fur to an unsuspecting buyer.
    It must be a new age. Trust is a 2 way street. Back when I regularly sold pelts I developed good relationships with my buyers. Prior to presenting the hides, they were sorted by quality. Then we discussed pricing on each batch. Some buyers only wanted the best others would take those with the nicks and dings depending on their outlet's requirements. Those who played games with their hides were known and did not get offered top dollar for any of their hides.

Comment

It's a common practice

Comment

Originally posted by Pathfinder1 View Post
        Hi...

There is nothing wrong with trying to make your pelts look as good as possible. By all means, sew up holes which might otherwise detract from the fur's value...!!
        Agreed, there's nothing wrong with it

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget