Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

With the high fur prices that are being predicted for this fall and winter, is anyone else planning on doing any trapping this y

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• With the high fur prices that are being predicted for this fall and winter, is anyone else planning on doing any trapping this y

With the high fur prices that are being predicted for this fall and winter, is anyone else planning on doing any trapping this year, and if so what are you going after? I'm thinking about doing a backpack mixed-species line into the middle of a big (by Iowa standards - it's about 1000 acres) chunk of public land not too far from where I live. I've never done anything like that before, always working out of the truck or boat on my previous lines, but it should be fun, if I luck out with the weather and competition.

-I hope so, but currently my daily schedule is extremely unpredictable. There is no way I could be certain that I would be able to check my traps as often as needed.
    -Trapping on public land can be pretty interesting. Instead of just trying to think of where the animals will be, you also need to think about the people(hunters, trappers, hikers, etc.) will be.

Comment

Hi...

All of the written 'indicators' looked very promising. However, that is NOT a gaurantee by any means...!! Keep plugging away, and let us know how you make out.

Comment

Originally posted by JM View Post
        -I hope so, but currently my daily schedule is extremely unpredictable. There is no way I could be certain that I would be able to check my traps as often as needed.
        -Trapping on public land can be pretty interesting. Instead of just trying to think of where the animals will be, you also need to think about the people(hunters, trappers, hikers, etc.) will be.
        Agreed, the people will be the biggest issue.

Comment

In Alabama, the following species are designated as furbearers:

Bobcat
          Coyote
          Fox
          Mink
          Muskrat
          Nutria
          Opossum
          Otter
          Raccoon
          Striped Skunk

There is no closed season for Beaver, Coyote, Raccoon, Opossum and Nutria.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget