Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I am new to coyote hunting and all I have for this year is a rabbit in distress call. I have acsess to hunt both an open feild a

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am new to coyote hunting and all I have for this year is a rabbit in distress call. I have acsess to hunt both an open feild a

I am new to coyote hunting and all I have for this year is a rabbit in distress call. I have acsess to hunt both an open feild about 25 acres, and wooded areas, would i have better chances of getting a coyote in the open field or in the wooded area, if so what kind of places in the woods should I hunt?

If the field is completely open, with no cover to hold the coyotes, it probably won't be much use hunting there, although if there's cover around it you could set up along the edges and try to pull some in off the neighboring properties.
    In the woods, I would keep to the edges in spots where you can shoot a ways downwind

Comment

Open feild is a hay pasture that has been neglected so there are a lot of ceadar trees growing up along the outer edges of the feild and is surrounded by woods

Comment

Should be good coyote habitat then, just keep the wind in your face and be stealthy when going in, and if there's a high point in the field where you can cover everything I would set up there, wind permitting.

Comment

Set up on downwind wind edge where open meets woods. Watch for coyote to move along edge toward you. You need more land to hunt than just that small acreage. Go door to door (without your gun slung over your shoulder) and ask for permission.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget