Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ruger American series just came out with a model in 22-250. I am a huge fan of Savage rifles. It looks like for around the same

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ruger American series just came out with a model in 22-250. I am a huge fan of Savage rifles. It looks like for around the same

Ruger American series just came out with a model in 22-250. I am a huge fan of Savage rifles. It looks like for around the same price, I would get alot more for my money with the Ruger American than a Savage Axis for a econimical rifle. Does anyone have any info or experience on the Ruger Americans to sell me which one I really should buy?

officerdom1987 I have never had a like in savage I don't know why maybe because the price tag is so low always it kind of scares me . now when I was up at cabelas getting my mosin nagant obviously I was holding all the used rifles. I saw a ruger American series (I think it was a 30-06)and the first thing I noticed was how light it was . maybe it seemed that light because of just holding a 9 pound gun but the ergonomics of it were ok I didn't really like the inserts I felt as if they were different but I wasn't wearing gloves or anything. but maybe if I were it would have felt better. don't get me wrong they weren't bad but they weren't the best I've held. but for function wise I have never hered anything bad and I have heard they are one of the best beginner rifles but I wouldn't mind taking it into the mountains. now correct me if im wrong but I thought I read some where that it has dual cocking cams. it also has a bedded stock which they call "power bedding." it apparently makes the barrel free floated. it has a rotary plastic magazine pretty close to the browning x-bolt magazine. it also has one of my favorite safeties. it is the top tang safety like on the browning a-bolt and x-bolt kind of like the Mossberg shotgun safeties too. but lastly on of my favorite things is that it has a trigger like the savage accutrigger.

Comment

As an entry level rifle I believe either would be a good choice. Six of one half a dozen of the other. Honestly, if I could I would try and scrape up enough cash to upgrade to one of the Savages with accutrigger and accustock.

Comment

Blake that was an excellent review of the American. Your last sentence is really pushing me towards it because of the trigger system like the accutrigger. I wish the axis could be upgraded to an accutrigger because then I would purchase it. Very well written though. Thank you.

@DSM: I hear ya on looking for a Savage for a little more money with the accutrigger, problem is I have some expenses to worry about such as a wedding to pay for and economical way is the best way to support my firearm purchasing addiction. Gotta stay outta the doghouse while I still can!

Comment

I share your liking for Savage rifles, but I've heard the bargain-basement, non-Accutrigger models can be kind of...rough around the edges, for lack of a better phrase, so I think the Ruger might be more bang for the buck (no pun intended).
          BTW, congrats on the wedding officerdom.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Sisters.
            by 99explorer
            Two girls were born to the same mother, on the same day, within minutes of each other, in the same month and year, and yet they are not twins.
            How...
            Today, 09:32 AM
          • Rice for sale.
            by 99explorer
            A man can buy rice for $1 per pound in the U.S.A.
            He buys tons of the stuff, and sells it all in India for a nickel a pound.
            He soon becomes...
            08-18-2019, 06:43 PM
          • Strangers meet.
            by 99explorer
            A man is able to contact his long lost brother who he has never met.
            They agree to meet in a crowded public place.
            No identification markers...
            08-16-2019, 11:03 PM
          • OU football
            by FirstBubba
            Big G, thought you might like to know, I'm going to watch some OU football this fall.
            The orthopaedic surgeon who rebuilt my hip is retired and...
            08-16-2019, 10:35 PM
          • True romance.
            by 99explorer
            A doctor and a bus driver are both in love with the same woman, a beautiful girl named Sarah.
            The bus driver has to go on a long bus trip that will...
            08-16-2019, 09:11 AM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X