Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are good affordable electronic predator calls?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are good affordable electronic predator calls?

What are good affordable electronic predator calls?

As far as cheap ones go, Cass Creek makes some that retail for about $30, but I have no idea on the quality of them.
    I would recommend the Johnny Stewart PreyMaster, it is a bit more expensive at ~$150-$200, but even at that it's still one of the cheaper ones on the market. With e-callers, you generally get what you pay for, so it might not be a good idea to go for the absolutely cheapest one you can find.

Comment

If you want to use electronic I'd spend the time talking to people that have them so you can get some first hand input. You do get what you pay for, I'd recommend a higher end call personally, but it is your choice. Try mouth calls for a while they work.

Comment

In my state electronic calls are illegal. With that being said, I agree with Yoda: try some mouth calls. Save up some money for a good electronic call and in the mean time get good with the mouth call - I bet they would go well together(mouth call and electronic together).
        Good luck hunting!

Comment

Believe it or not but if you have an ipod or iphone the app store has some free preditor calling apps. All you need are some speakers and you got a cheap call. Are the calls amazing and wonderful? No...but they are free and they work

Comment

Going off of what pjsabella said, I have got a car amp and 2 speakers in a tool box powered by my ice fishing battery. I have a cord coming from the amp to my input of my phone. You could get everything at Radio Shack or online for under $50. I have found sounds online for free and downloaded them to my phone. It works very good and they are very loud. I have mult. sounds so I can switch on the fly and sometimes that is all I need. I use mine for crows and coons but I know I could get other sounds if I look hard enough. It is not pretty and is kinda awkward to carry but works great.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget