Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I watched Swamp People last night for the first time and I'm interested in gator hunting. I was wandering any general informatio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RES1956
    replied
    Santa,
    Find out if it is true that you can't kill a gator before you check it in. I have heard that that was the case because of the 6' minimum in Alabama. If that's the case, I'm OUT!!!
    RES

Leave a comment:

• blake g
    replied
    That shows the best hope i c u there some day

Leave a comment:

• officerdom1987
    replied
    thank you treestand, i'll definitely look into it!!

Leave a comment:

• Treestand
    replied
    If and When you do come to Florida,#1 you don't need a Outer State Lic. To Hunt Gators (If)you go with a Guided Hunt on Private Ranch. OKEECHOBEE OUTFITTERS
    Call my friend Danny Santangelo (863)655-2454
    or (863)634-7449 WWW.GUIDED-HUNTING.COM
    WWW.BRADYRANCH.COM
    Hope this Helps

Leave a comment:

• floridahunter
    replied
    *$255 resident license the other number was a typo

Leave a comment:

• floridahunter
    replied
    In Florida we have a quota by county, the license was 20055 dollars i think, it was night hut only from 5pm till 10am, no course required, you could use bowfishing equipment or rod and reel and they had to be taken by knife or by bangstick, the license came with two tags for any gator over 18 inches season was from aug till nov you had to stay within your county or wma

Leave a comment:

• fisherking1999
    replied
    "If you think you can come out here and do it...good luck to ya"

Leave a comment:

• santa
    replied
    I have never taken the course so I do not know more details, but it is given by the Alabama's Wildlife and Freshwater Fisheries Divison.

Leave a comment:

• officerdom1987
    replied
    What do you have to learn at the state alligator course? What tpye of weapons can be used to hunt them in Alabama?

Leave a comment:

• santa
    replied
    In Alabama the total of only 295 tags will be issued this year and they will be split up between three areas. Each of the 295 hunters that is randomly chosen by a computer out of the thousands that pay the $6.00 dollars to apply, will be given only one tag and that tag is non transferable. The hunts are on different dates for each area and consist of two three day hunts for the Mobile-Tensaw Delta and west central Alabama and one 16 day hunt for southeast Alabama. The chosen hunters must take or have already taken a state alligator training course. All hunts are from 8PM until 6AM.

Leave a comment:

• I watched Swamp People last night for the first time and I'm interested in gator hunting. I was wandering any general informatio

I watched Swamp People last night for the first time and I'm interested in gator hunting. I was wandering any general information about it like what southern state's regulations are and how it seems like these people buy HUNDREDS of tags each year?

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Christmas present "trade"?
    by dewman
    You fellas remember I posted pics a ways back where I redid my 511-x .22? Well my son called me soon after and asked me to put it up and not shoot it...
    12-01-2021, 02:48 PM
  • Finally filled that elk tag!
    by Ernie
    Sometimes what you think is going to be a relatively easy and quick hunt, turns into a longer process. This has been the case, to fill my cow/calf elk...
    11-30-2021, 01:05 PM
  • Leupold screwed me
    by dewman
    had a little time yesterday afternoon so thought I would take a moment to get my recently "repaired" Leupold vx2 lined out. As it turns out,...
    11-29-2021, 09:57 AM
  • The TGIF Buck
    by fitch270
    First off, a shout out to FB for hanging out with me this afternoon from over 1000 miles away. I’m still a bit dumbfounded about what went down....
    11-26-2021, 11:49 PM
  • Have you tried a "shemagh"?
    by FirstBubba
    I put this on F&S also to give everybody a heads up.

"... The shemagh, also known as the keffiyeh or Arab scarf, is a simple yet...
    11-25-2021, 12:06 PM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X