Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I watched Swamp People last night for the first time and I'm interested in gator hunting. I was wandering any general informatio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I watched Swamp People last night for the first time and I'm interested in gator hunting. I was wandering any general informatio

I watched Swamp People last night for the first time and I'm interested in gator hunting. I was wandering any general information about it like what southern state's regulations are and how it seems like these people buy HUNDREDS of tags each year?

In Alabama the total of only 295 tags will be issued this year and they will be split up between three areas. Each of the 295 hunters that is randomly chosen by a computer out of the thousands that pay the $6.00 dollars to apply, will be given only one tag and that tag is non transferable. The hunts are on different dates for each area and consist of two three day hunts for the Mobile-Tensaw Delta and west central Alabama and one 16 day hunt for southeast Alabama. The chosen hunters must take or have already taken a state alligator training course. All hunts are from 8PM until 6AM.

Comment

What do you have to learn at the state alligator course? What tpye of weapons can be used to hunt them in Alabama?

Comment

I have never taken the course so I do not know more details, but it is given by the Alabama's Wildlife and Freshwater Fisheries Divison.

Comment

"If you think you can come out here and do it...good luck to ya"

Comment

In Florida we have a quota by county, the license was 20055 dollars i think, it was night hut only from 5pm till 10am, no course required, you could use bowfishing equipment or rod and reel and they had to be taken by knife or by bangstick, the license came with two tags for any gator over 18 inches season was from aug till nov you had to stay within your county or wma

Comment

*$255 resident license the other number was a typo

Comment

If and When you do come to Florida,#1 you don't need a Outer State Lic. To Hunt Gators (If)you go with a Guided Hunt on Private Ranch. OKEECHOBEE OUTFITTERS
                Call my friend Danny Santangelo (863)655-2454
                or (863)634-7449 WWW.GUIDED-HUNTING.COM
                WWW.BRADYRANCH.COM
                Hope this Helps

Comment

thank you treestand, i'll definitely look into it!!

Comment

That shows the best hope i c u there some day

Comment

Santa,
                      Find out if it is true that you can't kill a gator before you check it in. I have heard that that was the case because of the 6' minimum in Alabama. If that's the case, I'm OUT!!!
                      RES

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Colorado surprise. Couple of dads guns.
                        by dewman
                        So even with all the wrangling being done to screw we 4 sons of my father I got a little lucky. Even though my stepmom is still alive and her 3 sons from...
                        Today, 10:12 PM
                      • Now That's Service
                        by jhjimbo
                        Had my local Jeep dealer mount two tires and rotate some. When they did that they also spray painted my rims to cover up some brake dust stains I could...
                        Today, 07:57 PM
                      • Lost some cover; pic heavy
                        by fitch270
                        ​ ​ ​ Long story shorter, my Aunt’s 70’ish year old spring line plugged up last Friday, a combination of old iron pipe and poly. The only way to...
                        Yesterday, 06:07 PM
                      • Covid-19
                        by jhjimbo
                        Any indication a game animal can get the virus ? The news had a case of a dog in I think NC that got the virus.

Tucker Carlson had a guest...
                        09-17-2020, 10:38 PM
                      • Spur of the moment rifle
                        by Amflyer
                        I stopped in the local Scheels the other day so see about getting some IMR 4831. As a slow-ish old school powder I thought that the current buying craze...
                        09-17-2020, 11:25 AM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X