Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Father owns a Taurus Judge pistol and I was wandering if anyone has gone small game hunting with it (if your state allows it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Father owns a Taurus Judge pistol and I was wandering if anyone has gone small game hunting with it (if your state allows it

My Father owns a Taurus Judge pistol and I was wandering if anyone has gone small game hunting with it (if your state allows it to be used) and how successful have you been with it...

Im not positive it was a "Judge," but one of my friends shot a coyote between the eyes at 50 yards with a taurus pistol so im sure they would do pretty well.

Comment

I havent heard of using a judge for hunting, but it could work if done right. The Judge is a .410 short barrel revolver. With a short barrel and no choke tube, the shot pattern will spread very large in a very short range. Using birdshot, I couldnt imagine it being very effective on squirrels or rabbits past about 15 yards. Best bet would be to find out what different shotshells are avaiable and then shoot a small game target at varying distances to see where the shot pattern is too large to responsibley take down game.

Comment

Classified as a hand gun and most states regulate ther use depending on the game you hunt. Barrell lenght will also determine legality.

Comment

hey it will open so wide if ther are 50 black birds in a tree and lets say the round has 50 bbs 50 birds will fall

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget