Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I need help! I am coyote hunting some areas where the coyotes will come in, but hang up just outside of my comfort zone for sho

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need help! I am coyote hunting some areas where the coyotes will come in, but hang up just outside of my comfort zone for sho

I need help! I am coyote hunting some areas where the coyotes will come in, but hang up just outside of my comfort zone for shooting. I am comfortable shooting out to 400 yards (not the point) but I can not get the dogs to commit to comming in. I have tried pup stress calls, and moving decoys, but nothing seems to work. What do you suggest?

If you know someone you can bring along to call for you, have them call from behind you(how far back is up to you). If you do not have that luxary try setting the decoys up behind you, just make sure you are not in the line of sight for the decoys. Good luck, hope I helped alittle.

Comment

Can you set up closer to wear the yotes are? Is the wind in your favor? Try doing a squeak with your lips it works for me to get them in closer.

Comment

JM HAS GOT IT RIGHT,

Comment

Dont over call,you want yotes to search for the source of the sound.Hunt the winds properly,yotes will instinctively approach from down wind.Make sure your not skylining yourself agaisnt the horizon,if they spot you yotes will vanish quick and they will be better educated to your hunting techinques.

Comment

I will work on the suggestions. Thanks a ton for the great advise! One other question in reference to calling. What is ment by over calling. Should I stick with a rabbit stress call for a few minutes or rather a few seconds. What are your call sequences?

Comment

If the dogs are in the area it does not take much at all for them to pinpoint your calling location. I usually call no more than 10-15 min. If they are around and not educated they will come if you do your part. Like Jake said play the wind the yotes do and watch your background, good camo and little movement all comes into play. Good luck.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget