Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I was thinking about hunting coyotes with my 20 gauge shotgun. I'll be shooting from about 10-25 yards. What load and choke shou

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was thinking about hunting coyotes with my 20 gauge shotgun. I'll be shooting from about 10-25 yards. What load and choke shou

I was thinking about hunting coyotes with my 20 gauge shotgun. I'll be shooting from about 10-25 yards. What load and choke should I use for a clean kill?

Number three or four buckshot should do the job just fine. A full or modified should give a good pattern at the ranges you stated. Good luck and kill a bunch of them.

Comment

Full choke and the heaviest load of of buck shot you can find.

Comment

I usually use steel number 4 but in a pinch hit em with a couple turkey loads. It will take them out. Good luck!!

Comment

Use a turkey load or like the other guys said 3 or 4 shot, at that range you should be ok. If you can get a hold of a 12 gauge it will work better at longer ranges. Also the dead coyote shells extend the range of a scatter gun in most cases. You should also pattern your gun at the range, sometimes the full choke is not the best. Good Luck!

Comment

Number 4 works great

Comment

Thanks for the help! I'll try out those loads that y'all suggested, and see which works best with my gun. I already have a modified choke, but I'll try out a full choke and see how it works. And if anyone has any tips for hunting coyotes in thick woods please share since I'm kind of new to coyote hunting. Thanks again everyone!

Comment

double oo choke doesn't matter at that range

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget