Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I've been chasing the eastern Wiley Coyote this winter but have had no luck. I've been sneaking in and sitting 80 yards from a d

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've been chasing the eastern Wiley Coyote this winter but have had no luck. I've been sneaking in and sitting 80 yards from a d

I've been chasing the eastern Wiley Coyote this winter but have had no luck. I've been sneaking in and sitting 80 yards from a decoy and electronic caller. I've been wondering if my tracks are seen by coyotes. Also I recently went crow hunting with a friend and after setting up our decoys we had tracks all around the field. Is it possible that high flyers are seeing are tracks and busting us? Perhaps I'm giving wild game to much credit but I've never heard or read about the possibility and whether it is a concern or not. I would appreciate your help. Thanks, dbakerhunter84 Cortland, OH

If your walking around in an open field during daylight setting up your decoy and caller there is a good chance coyotes have spotted you doing so.Set up under the cover of predawn darkness and start hitting the call at first legal shooting light.
    Crows and Ravens are very wily,and could possibly be busting you by sighting your tracks,but I personally dont have any experience hunting them in the snow as crows head south here quite early and raven sightings are too sparse to spend anytime focusing on them.

Comment

Tell me hows a wild animal gonna look at some tracks and say uh huh, those are human tracks!? Now if they happen to come along and smell your tracks than boom there outa there! Main thing is set up down wind of some good cover and never hunt where the wind blows into the cover!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget