Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What caliber/gauge would be best for jump shooting coyotes/foxes in the PA woods. I am tore between 20 gauge,12 gauge,308,or 243

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What caliber/gauge would be best for jump shooting coyotes/foxes in the PA woods. I am tore between 20 gauge,12 gauge,308,or 243

What caliber/gauge would be best for jump shooting coyotes/foxes in the PA woods. I am tore between 20 gauge,12 gauge,308,or 243.

.338 no...just kidding. i say a .44 does just fine

Comment

right, but since i am under 18 years old i cant hunt with a handgun in PA.

Comment

Jump shooting I would say 12 gauge with #2 lead shot. I used them myself years ago walking up fox.

Comment

i agree with bird dog exept use 000 buck shot, it has more "umpf" to it

Comment

which will go farther more accuratly,000 buck or #2 lead. i am planing on alternating with the shorter distance one first and then 2 of the longer distance ones.

Comment

243 dude

Comment

Hi...

If you're going to use a shotgun, I don't think that what guage you use is going to matter much. Bigger guages just hold a few more pellets.

Have you considered the .22 sem-auto? That also is a fairly good gun, and doesn't fill the fur with a lot of holes if you're interested in selling the fur.

Comment

Hi...

PS...The below pertains primarily to the woodland type of hunting you mentioned.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget