Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I live in Pennsylvania and I was wondering if anybody knows what cities or counties are good for predator hunting in Pa? Thanks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I live in Pennsylvania and I was wondering if anybody knows what cities or counties are good for predator hunting in Pa? Thanks

I live in Pennsylvania and I was wondering if anybody knows what cities or counties are good for predator hunting in Pa? Thanks

Predator hunting can take place almost anywhere in Pennsylvania that it is legal to do so. Usually city limits have bans in the discharge of firearms so you must go to a more rural area. I have hunted predators in most of the state, coyotes are everywhere. Get permission from the landowner if you are not hunting public land. I have had good success in geting private access because of the coyote problem. Winter, after deer seasons, is a good time to fill in your hunting urges.

Comment

Agricultural crop fields can be productive areas for coyote hunting,BUT,first you must get the landowners permission to use their land.

Comment

PAShooter, I was wondering what gun you use to hunt predators? What Scope? What call do you use most?

Comment

My two favorite are 243 win and 220 swift. I have a 4-16 Monarch Nikon on the 243 and a 6-20 Vari X III Leupold on the Swift. I use an assortment of mouth calls, distressed rabbit, fawn bleat, howler (locator), distressed young squirrel. Foxpro makes some good electronic callers,with other brands people have success too. A critter decoy like Mojo helps to keep the Coyotes eyes off you. You don't need to invest the money I have, start with what you can afford and then you can determine if you want to get into it more.

Comment

Thanks for your help PAShooter.

Comment

Thanks for your help PAShooter.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Pay it forward
                by fitch270
                I'm not sure how much interest this will generate but I figured I'd give it a shot and see how it goes. As a way of saying thanks for the help and entertainment...
                Yesterday, 01:34 PM
              • Reloading Gear Order
                by fitch270
                I have a bunch of stuff in a cart at Midway and wanted to check with you guys before I place the order. A few things on the cheap side I want to make...
                10-17-2020, 08:31 AM
              • Ruger Oops! Round 2
                by dewman
                Asked girls if they want it. (Mk4 Hunter) No. We want another rifle so we aren't sharing the one single shot. Some phone calls and a pal & me meet...
                10-16-2020, 03:20 PM
              • Who hunts big game with a handgun?
                by Ernie
                Any handgun hunters here?
                Describe your hunting handguns (With Pics!) whether they be revolvers, semi-autos or single-shot specialty pistols.
                10-16-2020, 02:01 PM
              • What are you hunting with this season? Pics please!
                by Ernie
                I am new here, so I’d like to get you to know you better
                hi primarily hunt with a variety of handguns for big game, and I like shooting those...
                10-16-2020, 01:43 PM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X