Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I am looking for a good load for predators that has some distance. Does anyone have a recomendation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am looking for a good load for predators that has some distance. Does anyone have a recomendation?

I am looking for a good load for predators that has some distance. Does anyone have a recomendation?

.220 Swift

Comment

222. or 22-250. I have my 22-250 making 500 yard chest shots on woodchucks.

Comment

.220 swift or a .204 ruger

Comment

Smitty,
          We may be splitting hairs and I am by no means a ballistics expert but I think the .220 Swift is a little more stable in the wind and offers good distance.

Comment

25-06 or 270 WSM shooting light V-max will have velocities of around 3400 fps.

Comment

Ishi,
              Being 14 i have only hunted with a few guns so i am limited on what i can recommend. that you for the info though

Comment

.223 is good, 22-250 has some more distance though.

Comment

Alright thanks guys

Comment

What 'varmints' and how far is 'distance'? for coyotes or prairie dogs past 500 yards, 243 or 260 using high bc bullets. these calibers are used often for long-range shooters because of their high bc's. this would be the most efficient and effective past 500 yards on coyote sized varmints and smaller. Other answers show 'workable options' but for coyotes past 500 yards, I believe these are the best options.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget