Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which gun is the supreme prairy dog/coyote gun between 223 and the 22-250?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which gun is the supreme prairy dog/coyote gun between 223 and the 22-250?

Which gun is the supreme prairy dog/coyote gun between 223 and the 22-250?

i dont know anything about the 223 other than there is always a millitary surplus of it making it cheaper but in the hands of a decent marksman with a 22-250, 400 yrds is nothin

Comment

If your target is p-dogs the .223 is the caliber you want, if its coyotes jump to the 6mm Rem. The .22-250 doesn’t do anything the .223 can’t do with less powder and the .22-250 isn’t going to outperform the 6mm at long range or on larger game.

Comment

Tough one Both calibers will perform better than the average shooters capabilities. This one ends up being simply personal preferance.

Comment

Tough one Both calibers will perform better than the average shooters capabilities. This one ends up being simply personal preferance.

Comment

I like both cals. but the 22-250 will out shoot the .223, but the .223 ammo is cheaper.

Comment

I like the 22-250. I have a Remington 700 that is a real tack driver.

Comment

Still going with the .22-250, though we should really open this up to the .204 Ruger.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget