Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I've always enjoyed small game and bird hunting. I'm curious to see, what is you guy's favorite small game animal/bird to hunt?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've always enjoyed small game and bird hunting. I'm curious to see, what is you guy's favorite small game animal/bird to hunt?

I've always enjoyed small game and bird hunting. I'm curious to see, what is you guy's favorite small game animal/bird to hunt?

Hey Partner, My choice is squirrel, you can't get any better eating than that. Squirrel hunting closes at the end of March here in Michigan and their a lot of them running around with this break in the weather we have right now. I don't know if you ever tried them but the are scrumptious. Joe. T.

Comment

A few of here on OL were talking about this just the other day. We like them all, but rabbit was probably most liked. Also pheasant, squirrel, grouse

Comment

i like grouse for birds and gophers and coyotes for small game

Comment

crow and ravens are good to

Comment

In the prairies we hone our shooting skills on gophers. No, we do not eat them, we leave that to the coyotes and other scavengers. Hungarian partridges are a favorite as well, I get a thrill every time those little buggers explode out of the field. I have missed more shots at Huns. There isn't a bird in my books that I can say I have enjoyed missing because I get a good laugh on each of those occasions.
            Most of us don't care to admit it; but, the sparrow population in our neighborhoods declined back in our BB gun days.

Comment

rabbit & grouse

Comment

Ruffed Grouse/Woodcock

Comment

ruffed grouse and woodcock

Comment

Rabbits and Pheasant. Good eating, fun hunting.

Comment

Squirrel with a good .22. Want even more challenge then go with a .22 pistol, now that is fun!

Comment

I really enjoy hunting grouse and coyote for small game. It's really fun!

--Hunter Girl 1

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget