Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello, I'm from Western PA. I want to start hunting coyotes seriously. I need some info on how to get started. I really want to

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello, I'm from Western PA. I want to start hunting coyotes seriously. I need some info on how to get started. I really want to

Hello, I'm from Western PA. I want to start hunting coyotes seriously. I need some info on how to get started. I really want to be able to call these things in. I truly respect them as an animal. All my friends try to hunt them and have no succes. They have got them to howl back before, but nothing is ever sighted. Please someone give me some guidelines for this elusive animal I am trying to get. Thank you

what kinds of calls are you using?

Comment

Two books I can recommend to you are:
      Coyote Hunting, by Phil Simonski
      Predator Calling, by Gerry Blair
      Phil Simonski hunts out in eastern OR in wide-open country so some of his advice may not work for western PA. I found the Gerry Blair book to be very entertaining, and informative.
      Good luck!

Comment

magazine called fur fish n game...mite help ya..got trapping info

Comment

Its good that you respect them. They are smart and have great senses. They have an unbelieveable sense of smell fantastic vision and unbelieveable hearing.They are mostly nocturnal but are seen early mornings and at dusk. scout ahead of time with your eyes and ears. look for scat, dens,prior kill sights other sign and listen in the evenings for the calls. When you find a good area set up with wind direction as your most important obstacle. use good cover/camo and keep movement to a minimum. when you start calling start softly their could be a yote near by that you'll scare off if you start too loud. Many guys biggest mistake is they call too much. Make the dog come looking for you. Good Luck!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget