Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

whats the best coyote caliber and best fox cal.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• whats the best coyote caliber and best fox cal.

whats the best coyote caliber and best fox cal.

i use .222for fox and a 20 gauge for coyote with 3 buck (i hunt coyote with hounds so your taken' runnin' shots)

Comment

.22 Mag for fox and .223 for coyotes, I shoot a .243 for a more versatile gun but the .223 works really well

Comment

.22 mag or if you just want them dead a 308 or a
        30-06

Comment

Personaly I use a .223 and it takes them down just fine. I think the 22-250 would work just fine also. In my opinion the .22 is not quite big enough for the coyote but thats just me.

Comment

That’s a tough combination considering tiny thin skinned fox and tougher all around coyotes. I would still stick with my 6mm Remington with 80 grain bullets. That puts down coyotes in their tracks at any range and wouldn’t be too much over kill on fox providing there is some distance between the fox and you.

Comment

I use a .223 about 80% of the time for coyotes. I used a couple of different bolt-action rifles throughout high-school and college. They worked great, until more than one coyote showed up.

Today, I use a Bushmaster AR15 Varmint model. I've never looked back since.

Best Wishes!

www.BallisticTech.com

Comment

The 22-250 is great for both it hauls at a velocity of 3500 -4200 fps mv and has 1500 - 1700 me depending on the grains used and the frangible ballistic tip varmint rounds or whatever you want to call them will not be overkill on a fox and will still dropa coyote. All in all a great all around varmint cartridge.

Comment

I used .223 for many years and tapped hundreds of red foxes. But last year I started to use my .243 with a 55 grain. It's flat and fast out to 500m. Can be a bit loud at night as I find sound mods get in my way a bit. But I have a new rem 700 on the way so I'll prob go back to that. No coyote in the UK so .223 is more than ample, and anyway I've seen first hand just what .223 (5.56x45mm NATO military) will do to a 210 pound man so it's more than a match for any coyote.

Comment

.22-250 for coyotes. Nothing close.

.17 HMR or .17 WSM for fox

Comment

"best" is a hard call and that depends on "best for you" in a lot of cases. If I was looking for a rifle that did both a .204 Ruger might work okay, but you'd likely damage the pelts.

I think someone said .17 Remington Fireball which is very good for foxes.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget