Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I want to go rabbit hunting here where I live in southwestern ontario this winter, and I dont have dogs. Any suggestions on how

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want to go rabbit hunting here where I live in southwestern ontario this winter, and I dont have dogs. Any suggestions on how

I want to go rabbit hunting here where I live in southwestern ontario this winter, and I dont have dogs. Any suggestions on how and where to find 'em on a winter day? thanx in advance

After some fresh snow go out and walk some clearing edges, woods roads, tote roads and back roads look for the tracks and when you've got a good spot with alot of sign, you can walk the roads and kind of still hunt it. You are going to want to have a good eye cause they'll be hard to spot at distance but if you do spot them a bit away and they don't spook you can crack em with a .22 to good effect. Harder to hunt them this way with a shotgun but it can be done. The key is to find where they are and try to sneak up on them. I've had luck driving roads and spooking them sometimes, you gotta be real quick hopping out to get a shot off.

Comment

Fence lines offer some great action in Ontario in the winter time-Usually the heavy fence rows that are quite overgrown are excellent spots-biggest problem is the the cover sometimes gives the advantage to the bunny rather than the hunter.If you have the opportunity to double up with someone on these fence rows hunting can be quite productive as a driver and stander or go it it alone.

Comment

well what i have done wen i didnt have my beagal champ was take like some small carrots and find a good place with a alot of sign and just dump alot of them there and u can still hunt them from there but u wanna be 35 to 50 yrds away from yhe bait

Comment

Thanks guys thats great advice! Iv been out twice now but havnt had any luck.Does time of day make any difference? Or what am i doin wrong?

Comment

Kick around some brush piles and around tall grass maybe a rabbit will jump out

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget