Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I going ice-fishing in feb. so i fugure i'd go coyote hunting while im not fishing. What is the best gun to use? I have 12 gauge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I going ice-fishing in feb. so i fugure i'd go coyote hunting while im not fishing. What is the best gun to use? I have 12 gauge

I going ice-fishing in feb. so i fugure i'd go coyote hunting while im not fishing. What is the best gun to use? I have 12 gauges, 20 gauge, .22 rifles, and some deer guns but i don't think that would be appropriate for a coyote. Let me know, thanks.

Alot of people use their deer rifles, they are more than adequate to take a yote. Many others have .223, .243, 22-250, etc.

Comment

I second the use of deer rifles.

Comment

hmm what about a 30-30 or 30-06?

Comment

I would also offer the following items for killing coyotes:
          Machine guns, hand grenades, land mines, bow and arrows, blow guns tipped with poison, sniping them from helicopters, running them over with cars (twice to make sure), sticking their heads in blenders, spearing, trapping, knifing, drowning, or any other means necessary.
          Just let your imagination take over. I am sure you will do fine.

Comment

They all would be fun but i'll get into troble,, haha machine gun is tempting though

Comment

30-30 and 30-06 are plenty powerful enough, if it will knock down a deer it'll knock down a yote. Really depends on the distances you are comfortable with. I have a .270 but i still try to keep the set up with in 150 yards. The 30-30 is probably a better choice than the 30-06 unless you plan on some good distances.

Comment

it totaly depends on what you want if you are going for the pelt use a rifle, if you just want to kill a yote use a shotgun with buckshot it keeps its pattern for up to 70 yards

Comment

i personly carry a 243 and a 12 gage shotgun to my stand my reason is the 243 is a classic rifle for small game it can go great distance and has enough power to kill and the shotgun u shl probly carry buckshot or slug but if they come close enough or on the run a shotgun is a good choice to use thats why i carry both

Comment

Thanks i'm hunting only a few hundred yards behind my cabin so taking both sounds good, and all other responces helped a lot

Comment

i use my deer rifle, 257 roberts, but you could go with your 12gauge, and use buck shot, but they got to be at leat within 50 60 yrds

Comment

Im not gonna get a real far shot..ill be in the thick woods

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget