Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

im going to start coyote hunting in MN And am wonderin what calls would be good but kinda cheap my grandparents have benn seein

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• im going to start coyote hunting in MN And am wonderin what calls would be good but kinda cheap my grandparents have benn seein

im going to start coyote hunting in MN And am wonderin what calls would be good but kinda cheap my grandparents have benn seeing a lot of dogs on there place so i want to hunt them

Hi from ND. My dad's hunted coyotes for years. The best call that he's ever used (and he's tried many types) is the one that looks like black rubber, it's like a foot use one. Has the wounded rabbit squeal sound. When you go out to call you send the sound loud and rapid, then draw it down to quieter squeals as you see them come in. This frees up your hands for the gun and able to save your breath too. Not sure where he got his, he's had it for years though.

Comment

Go to wal-mart and get you a squealer and a sqeaker.One for long range and an up close quarters Just don't blow them to much you can scare them away.Good Hunting

Comment

I have found that a squirrel call works great if you make it sound like a crazed squirrel going mad. I also throw in a few crow calls with that to make it sound like something is happening. Usually works especially in thick woods.

Comment

Several ways to modify a duck call to make different noises you can squeak with your mouth.Practice and keep in mind what the local yotes are having for dinner and mimic that if possible.Coyote in season available online if so don't hesitate to use it a little on a cotton ball and give a howl or two set back and wait.Don't get it on you unless you want to stay outdoors for a few days.Good Luck

Comment

i have a primos open reed call that cost about 8 bucks and does several different calls including rabbit in distress and pup in distress. try sportsman's warehouse.

Comment

they'll all work....best calls are verminators long range tweety and thumper, tal lockwoods tally ho and major bodickers crit'r call. all priced moderately.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Home Defense
                by jhjimbo
                If you are using your bird gun for double duty of house defense remember to remove the plug. Might as well have full magazine capacity. Also, I have...
                Yesterday, 02:15 PM
              • Pay it forward
                by fitch270
                I'm not sure how much interest this will generate but I figured I'd give it a shot and see how it goes. As a way of saying thanks for the help and entertainment...
                10-18-2020, 01:34 PM
              • Reloading Gear Order
                by fitch270
                I have a bunch of stuff in a cart at Midway and wanted to check with you guys before I place the order. A few things on the cheap side I want to make...
                10-17-2020, 08:31 AM
              • Ruger Oops! Round 2
                by dewman
                Asked girls if they want it. (Mk4 Hunter) No. We want another rifle so we aren't sharing the one single shot. Some phone calls and a pal & me meet...
                10-16-2020, 03:20 PM
              • Who hunts big game with a handgun?
                by Ernie
                Any handgun hunters here?
                Describe your hunting handguns (With Pics!) whether they be revolvers, semi-autos or single-shot specialty pistols.
                10-16-2020, 02:01 PM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X