X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are you kidding me ?????? CB5939D9-8BE1-42AB-B029-AD2330C9DBE5.jpg

E9239B6C-D410-48C5-A93E-6C92D3FA885A.jpg

Comment

So I’ll explain a bit. My eldest aunt passed away last year and her family is selling the camp she owned on Saratoga Lake. This reunion is a last hurrah of sorts. Another aunt and uncle also had a camp here just a couple minutes walk away. As a kid I’d spend a week here with them every summer for several years. Tons of great memories fishing here with my uncle. First guy I’d heard drop F-bomb,s, only on the boat when he’d miss a strike.

Caught a lot of great bluegills, sunfish and some walleye off the point on the left.

Great times.

563FA298-CF88-4157-A399-505A1D19E564.jpg

5996654B-13F0-48FC-9B74-CC06FDE41C56.jpg

Comment

Hey, that's a pretty good way to toast some good memories. Have a belt of the f*****g Blantons for me!

Currently out in the Rocky Mountains, by way of the Oregon trail. Too many people, but nice weather.
        You do not have permission to view this gallery.
        This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

About the Blantons, the guy that brought all three bottles married in to the family about ten years ago. Lives in the DC Beltway and drives an all electric BMW to give you an idea. He brought the whisky to share but was talked into putting the Blantons in our annual family auction.

The auction started out in the early 90’s as a way to cover food expenses for the host. It generally consists of things like baked and canned goods, crafts and family memorabilia but almost every year there’s some sort of big ticket item that comes up. It’s all a game, folks purposely run each other up on the more desirable stuff. It works like a charity fundraiser. Anyway two of the gals there got in a bidding war and ran it up to $270. Good number but out of my league for a stunt. The winner is giving it to a friend and former coworker who’s retiring next week.

I was told the Courage and Conviction bottle is an American take on Scotch. Maybe it’s blasphemy but the stuff was very nice. Noticeably different from the Buffalo Trace but I’d be hard pressed to pick one over the other.

Hope you’re having a great time!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget