Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are you hunting with this season? Pics please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are you hunting with this season? Pics please!

I am new here, so I’d like to get you to know you better
    hi primarily hunt with a variety of handguns for big game, and I like shooting those revolvers and specialty pistols at distance as well.
    if you would post some pictures of what you’re going to be hunting with this year?

Pish posh! You ain't new! Everybody here knows you, Ernie! LOL!
    We've discussed this on the "other side" (F&S) but it hasn't changed for me 20200904_113240.jpg
    Oops! Wait! That's my dove gun!
    20200215_104654.jpg Anderson AM-15 (DIY) in 6.8mm Rem SPC II
    Leupold "Freedom" 1.5-4×20 w/Pig Plex reticle.

Comment

I doubt if everyone here knows me...Glad to be here though.

Comment

I use a variety of weapons for hunting. PSE crossbow, PSE compound bow. These will be mainly for my Kentucky pay hunt and only a little in Alabama.

MY CVA Electra with electronic ignition will be carried 2 to 4 times.

CVA Electra.jpg

Opening day in Alabama, I'll carry the Remington 788 in .308 Win. I have a new handload using the 150gr Barnes TSX

788 Remington 9 Point 2016_12_30 a.jpg

As mentioned before, I'm eager to use the recently rechambered Handi-Rifle, now in .357 Maximum using Hornady 180gr XTP handloads.

357mag Handi Rifle 2020_06_19.jpg

Waiting in the wings is the Ruger American Predator in 6.5 Creedmoor using Hornady 143 ELD-X factory loads

Sow and 6.5 Creedmoor.jpg

I just don't think the others will see use. Handi-Rifle in .45-70, Remington 7400 in .30-06, AR-15 in .300 Blackout.

Comment

Originally posted by Ernie View Post
          I doubt if everyone here knows me...Glad to be here though.
          Haven't seen a poster here that did NOT come from F&S.

Comment

Originally posted by FirstBubba View Post

Haven't seen a poster here that did NOT come from F&S.
            So...You guys have resurrected a slow forum?

Comment

Yep, this one had died.

Comment

As miracle Max said, it's only mostly dead.

Comment

This years arsenal.

Comment

Last weekend in our antlerless season I hunted with my Remington 760 30-06.

Comment

Originally posted by PigHunter View Post
                      I use a variety of weapons for hunting. PSE crossbow, PSE compound bow. These will be mainly for my Kentucky pay hunt and only a little in Alabama.

MY CVA Electra with electronic ignition will be carried 2 to 4 times.

CVA Electra.jpg

Opening day in Alabama, I'll carry the Remington 788 in .308 Win. I have a new handload using the 150gr Barnes TSX

788 Remington 9 Point 2016_12_30 a.jpg

As mentioned before, I'm eager to use the recently rechambered Handi-Rifle, now in .357 Maximum using Hornady 180gr XTP handloads.

357mag Handi Rifle 2020_06_19.jpg

Waiting in the wings is the Ruger American Predator in 6.5 Creedmoor using Hornady 143 ELD-X factory loads

Sow and 6.5 Creedmoor.jpg

I just don't think the others will see use. Handi-Rifle in .45-70, Remington 7400 in .30-06, AR-15 in .300 Blackout.
                      Are those see through mounts on the handi rifle ? Better cheek weld with medium height rings and base. JMHO

Comment

Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post

Are those see through mounts on the handi rifle ? Better cheek weld with medium height rings and base. JMHO
                        Nope, not see-through. Notice that there are no iron sights on the barrel. Those are indeed medium rings and as you know, that's required on a Handi to get enough clearance between the hammer and scope. Also note that I have an extension on the hammer.

Comment

Originally posted by FirstBubba View Post
                          Pish posh! You ain't new! Everybody here knows you, Ernie! LOL!
                          We've discussed this on the "other side" (F&S) but it hasn't changed for me 20200904_113240.jpg
                          Oops! Wait! That's my dove gun!
                          20200215_104654.jpg Anderson AM-15 (DIY) in 6.8mm Rem SPC II
                          Leupold "Freedom" 1.5-4×20 w/Pig Plex reticle.
                          I'm probably leaving the AR at home this hunting season. Going to hoard the ammo instead of using it for practice or hunting.

Comment

Originally posted by dewman View Post
                            This years arsenal.
                            Impressive. What caliber are your centerfire bolt-actions?

Comment

Well, yeah, I suppose so.

When I first encountered OL, I had already been a contributor on F&S.
                              There was even a Sports Afield edition.
                              SA died.
                              F&S was more of the main office with OL sort of an "annex".
                              Back in the day ('05-'06), there were probably 40 or 50 daily contributors on F&S with boisterous, unabashed discussions.
                              OL was more laid back and had fewer day to day users.
                              SA, well died.
                              As to "why" F&S flourished and OL didn't, I can only surmise that F&S offered a livelier atmosphere.
                              Heck, they both belong to Bonnier! (?)
                              We had the occasional spam incursion, but it was normally quickly addressed and cleared up.

Anyhow, with the last "spam" explosion, some decided to come here instead of fighting the spam.
                              Quieter and calmer.
                              I've even sworn to not post anything political here.! 👀

Anyway, welcome [email protected]

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget