Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you post trophy pictures here or on other social media?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you post trophy pictures here or on other social media?

Larysa Switlyk is the latest who's under attack for posting trophy pictures. See attached article...

I've posted several trophy animal pics here over the years. What are your thoughts on the issue? Should we stay away from posting such here on OL and F&S?

Natalie, what is the editorial policy for trophy pics in OL and F&S articles? Have you changed those policies recently? Do you wish for us to avoid posting certain presentations of the game we take?

Personally I post nothing on public media other than F&S and 0L ! No pictures of any kind that could be used to determine identity or location. I have nothing against others who do, that is up to them. But if the pictures are not ethical, or put a bad image on hunting in general, then I would rather not see them. If they bother a seasoned hunter, one only can guess how they would be received by non- hunters, jmo !

Comment

Originally posted by bowhunter75richard View Post
      Personally I post nothing on public media other than F&S and 0L ! No pictures of any kind that could be used to determine identity or location. I have nothing against others who do, that is up to them. But if the pictures are not ethical, or put a bad image on hunting in general, then I would rather not see them. If they bother a seasoned hunter, one only can guess how they would be received by non- hunters, jmo !
      Bhr, 99explorer once asked me to quit posting pictures of dead hogs.
      Is that what you're talking about?

Comment

I used to post pictures and a story of the hunt, thinking people may like to see the results.
        I've been asked to stop posting pictures of dead animals and ridiculed for my ammo selection.
        ...and I received no monetary compensation for all my hard work.
        Forget it! I may post pictures, but no more stories.
        Too many ungratefuls!

Comment

Originally posted by FirstBubba View Post
          I used to post pictures and a story of the hunt, thinking people may like to see the results.
          I've been asked to stop posting pictures of dead animals and ridiculed for my ammo selection.
          Too many ungratefuls!
          I'm pretty sure I know who whined about your posts. Just ignore him.

Comment

Bubba, I do not care about hogs. You can show them all day if it trips your trigger. Game animals are different in my mind, they deserve more respect than a damn ? !

Comment

I typically do not, but I certainly don't have any objections to others doing so.

The picture I posted on F&S in response to HABBEN97's post is the only one I've posted online that I recall.

I honestly couldn't care less about the "public outrage", granted I'm not the one receiving death threats.

It would seem that most of the "outraged" people are of the sort who believe that milk grows in bottles, meat is manufactured at the grocery store, are governed by emotion rather than logic, and lack the ability to think critically.
              Worrying about such people's opinion is futile because most of them have no idea what they're opinion is until they are told what it is, whether it be by their favorite media personnel or someone else.

Comment

No, lost a lot of my photographs in the flood I had.

Comment

I usually shoot deer without antlers so not interested in big racks.

Comment

Don’t use social media. Have posted on here. I don’t care so long as they tasteful pictures. We don’t need to give the antis any ammo.

Comment

All the pictures of animals I've posted here, regardless of species, I thought were "respectful".

Comment

I don't post photos at all, anywhere, except maybe for some larger fish. Don't want anybody to know that where I hunt is productive, or pester me to take them with me. If I want you with me, I'll invite you.

Comment

Originally posted by pineywoods View Post
                          I don't post photos at all, anywhere, except maybe for some larger fish. Don't want anybody to know that where I hunt is productive, or pester me to take them with me. If I want you with me, I'll invite you.
                          Let me see the quality of the fish you are catching, and then I will try to get on your good side for a invite lol !

Comment

I can not argue that, I have found no problem ! As long as you limit it to the dead animals, I am sure they would be better to look at than those of yourself lol !!

Comment

Originally posted by FirstBubba View Post
                              Too many ungratefuls!
                              Well rat's ass! You are going to deprive the rest of us of a good hunting story with pictures just because of a little undeserved criticism from a jealous nitwit? What is this world coming too?

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Mansion on fire.
                                by 99explorer
                                One of Jeffrey Epstein's mansions is on fire.
                                It has three main rooms. One is full of money in cash, another contains valuable paintings, and the...
                                Today, 10:04 AM
                              • Firing squad.
                                by 99explorer
                                A man is shot by 12 members of a firing squad, and the squad officer administers the coup de grace with a bullet to the head.
                                This final shot does...
                                Yesterday, 09:07 PM
                              • Lost in the woods.
                                by 99explorer
                                You are lost in the woods and come to a fork in the road.
                                One path leads to civilization and the other will get you lost forever.
                                Two Indians...
                                Yesterday, 01:24 PM
                              • Books on a shelf.
                                by 99explorer
                                There are several books on a bookshelf.
                                If one book is fourth from the left and sixth from the right, how many books are on the shelf?
                                08-21-2019, 02:19 PM
                              • Mental arithmetic.
                                by 99explorer
                                A bat and a ball cost $1.10.
                                The bat costs one dollar more than the ball.
                                How much does the ball cost?
                                08-21-2019, 11:57 AM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X