Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

.340WbyMag off hand 225 gr at 50 yds. sorry for the wiggle writing the table was not smooth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• .340WbyMag off hand 225 gr at 50 yds. sorry for the wiggle writing the table was not smooth

Shot my .340WbyMag at the 50yd range to test the iron sights. Being the first time I fired this rifle I did not know what to expect. The recoil turned out to be about equal 3" 12ga full house - more of a push than a sharp jolt like a 7mmMag. The iron sights were just about where I would want them. I think with practice I could get good results up to 100yds. I was shooting full house 225gr with almost 80gr of IMR4831(max) probably close to 3,000fps. My J.C. Higgins did well from the bench rest shooting the Aquila Interceptor 40gr l.r.. Do I like the bench rest ? No. It would be o.k. if you had it on your table all set for your height, etc. I was trying to make me fit a generic table and it did not work well. Did all shooting with the .340 off hand.
    I will put up a couple pic. One place it says Aquila Interceptor is 1170fps, that is a typo, correct is 1470fps fastest 40gr, .22lr in the World.
    Attached Files

Aquila Interceptor .22lr 1470fps

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-XNJ5y-75g
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by PigHunter
      Jimbo, I enjoy seeing your range reports. Keep them coming. Hopefully I'll be posting a few results soon as well.
      If I learn something or think it is interesting to others I would post. Most working family men may not have the time to experiment like I do. Put a couple of crumb cruncher's in the equation and your whole life changes - for the better.

Comment

Originally posted by PigHunter
        Jimbo, I enjoy seeing your range reports. Keep them coming. Hopefully I'll be posting a few results soon as well.
        Keep doing it jimbo..........your ok in my book!

Comment

carpet cleaning York

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget