Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you spotted a Sportsmen TV Celebrity, would you go up to him or her, if there was crowd?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you spotted a Sportsmen TV Celebrity, would you go up to him or her, if there was crowd?

My younger brother and I were at the Saskatoon Inn Hotel in Saskatchewan, Canada having a beer at the bar. We heard a loud commotion and deer hunters were swarming around Jim Shockey.
    A couple Outdoor Life users were joking and asking for Natalie's autograph, brought back memories of that day in Canada.
    Another time, Tred Barta was surrounded by Sportsman at the Harrisburg PA Sportsmen show.

I was in Aspen sitting in a little park when Angie Dickinson came up to me and started talking. Carl Munden all 6'4'of him, was also at this film introduction.

Comment

I see an outdoor legend almost every morning. He's usually a bit taciturn and likely hungover, but still ruggedly handsome.

I dont usually speak, and just look approvingly at him until the mirror fogs.

Comment

Nope, I'd leave those folks alone.

Comment

Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post
          I was in Aspen sitting in a little park when Angie Dickinson came up to me and started talking. Carl Munden all 6'4'of him, was also at this film introduction.
          Angie is a pretty woman. I would leave my beer at the bar and run over to her. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Amflyer View Post
            I see an outdoor legend almost every morning. He's usually a bit taciturn and likely hungover, but still ruggedly handsome.

LOL Good one. +3
            Amflyer, what is your new avatar. I may need stronger reading glasses but I can not see it.
            Sorry and no disrespect, but could you or anybody else tell me what it is?

Comment

Originally posted by pineywoods View Post
              I know a few on this website do not like him, but I am a big fan of NRA Board member Ted Nugent.
              Not so much his music playing, but his pro stand on gun and hunting rights.
              I would definitely wait to talk to Ted Nugent.

Comment

Originally posted by pineywoods View Post
                My nephew is a musician and a big fan of classic rock. He went to a Ted Nugent meet-and-greet somewhere, music-related, but took along a Field and Stream that Nugent was featured in. Nephew said Nugent was pleased to see the magazine and was happy to sign it, and even chatted with my nephew about hunting for a minute.

Comment

Not many I'd care to meet, and at any rate, I'd hold off if there was already a crowd around them, or if it was clear that they just wanted to be about their business. I'd love to spend an afternoon with Steven Rinella, just sitting outside talking and grilling some steaks. And I don't know if Jerry McKinnis is still alive, but if I saw him out fishing somewhere, I'd likely go over and say hello.

Comment

Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post
                    After 911, my girlfriend at that time went to NYC and volunteered at ground zero. She was working all day long with this woman named Candice, who she said was very friendly. Finally it dawned on her: The woman was actress Candice Bergen.

Comment

Gary, Amflyer's avatar is a picture of a nice looking rifle nestled in some branches. If you will right-click on the avatar and then select 'view image', your browser will open up a bigger picture.

Comment

Originally posted by Truchahombre View Post
                        Gary, Amflyer's avatar is a picture of a nice looking rifle nestled in some branches. If you will right-click on the avatar and then select 'view image', your browser will open up a bigger picture.
                        All of that is not needed ! Simply put your right thumb together with your right index finger over the avatar, spread them apart and the image will enlarge. This is done while thumb and finger are touching the screen. That of course can be done to enlarge anything on the screen, nothing simpler than that !

If that will work on other than i-Pad or phone, I am not sure. I have only a i-Pad !

Comment

Is the fogging of the mirror due to your heavy breathing ??

Comment

Why not? Celebrities are usually in a crowd, particularly at shows. Acceptance by the public is their bread and butter. As long as you are polite, and well mannered, and waiting your turn they are usually nice folks. I know Craig Boddington, Jim Zumbo, Terry Wieland and Jim Shockey they are good folks, just lots of people tugging at their shirttails.

Comment

"Oh Lord, it's hard to be humble,
                              When you're perfect in every way-hey!
                              I can't wait to look in the mirror,
                              'Cause I get better-lookin' each day-ay!"
                              - Mac Davis

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget