7 More , just what we need.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 7 More , just what we need.

Ticks now carry 7 more viruses that cause disease than ever before.

https://www.aol.com/article/lifestyle/2018/05/21/7-new-tick-viruses-to-worry-about-with-big-epidemic-of-bugs-in-much-of-the-country/23439964/

Comment

According to my vet, two of these diseases were, until now, unheard of.
      One of them leaves the victim with a red meat allergy!
      Neato, huh!

Comment

Originally posted by PigHunter
        Jimbo, that's not what I wanted to hear.

I'm using Deet whenever in the woods during warmer months. I spay my ankles, socks, lower pants legs, and upper portions of my boots. It seems to help.
        Permethrin works wonders on ticks. Don't even need other insect repellent for them.

Comment

Use Permethrin, spray clothes, socks, boots and let it dry. works even after washing. Do not spray on skin.

Comment

Originally posted by PigHunter
            Jimbo, that's not what I wanted to hear.

I'm using Deet whenever in the woods during warmer months. I spay my ankles, socks, lower pants legs, and upper portions of my boots. It seems to help.
            Some rearcherer needs to genetically maniplate the DNA of an insect, bird, snake, frog or something that feeds on ticks.

Comment

And I live in the state with the highest Lyme disease rate.

Comment

Although there are no real "natural enemies" of ticks, they are the favorite food of guinea fowl.
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by 99explorer View Post
                  Although there are no real "natural enemies" of ticks, they are the favorite food of guinea fowl.
                  Good, lets raise some guinea. Wait, are those the ones that attack ?

When I lgot in the car this AM, there it was, a tick right on my drivers side window. A big one so maybe a harmless dog tick.

Comment

Originally posted by 99explorer View Post
                    So, does this mean cut-offs are out this summer ?
                    I am going to spend the summer on my boat, no ticks on the water - so far.

Comment

Originally posted by Solitario Lupo View Post
                      And I live in the state with the highest Lyme disease rate.
                      Where is that ? Is it true not every tick bite causes lyme ?

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget