No announcement yet.

Ever seen flesh-eating beetles at work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ever seen flesh-eating beetles at work?

I thought this was sort of eye-opening.
    http://www.syracuse.com/outdoors/index.ssf/2018/04/cny_business_uses_flesh-eating_beetles_to_clean_animal_skulls_for_hunters_ video.html

Now that's a great way to do it! I've tried fire ants to limited extent. But you still need to remove the hide and eyes first.
    Attached Files

Comment

It's Different....I know this old boy he uses Quick lime and water.

Comment

Here's one I found in the swamp a few of months ago. Someone was using it to mark a trail
        Attached Files

Comment

It's a good precaution to leave the skull where you can keep an eye on it, or it could be stolen. Or cover it with a bucket to keep the critters from dragging it away.

Comment

I've left the caps of deer skulls, hide off, in the chicken yard. Between them and the insects, it gets cleaned pretty quick.

Comment

Originally posted by PigHunter View Post
              Here's one I found in the swamp a few of months ago. Someone was using it to mark a trail
              I think you found the trail-head!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget