Time to get a fire going

Single digit temps, time for a fire.
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post
      Single digit temps, time for a fire.
      Turn up the heat and go back to bed.

Comment

We started at 8° this morning and slowly worked our way up to a blistering 15° this afternoon. According to the forecast we'll be below zero by morning. We have a fire going and, iffen it stays this cold too long, we might start another.

Comment

Didn't get much above 10 here today, but there were long periods without any wind. I was out in just a chamois shirt and fleece vest, with hat and gloves, and found it tolerable. If the wind had kicked up, that would have been a different story. That fire looks good.

Comment

We fired up the Lp fire place last night it was 59* in the house & 20 minutes+/- it was 73* nice and toasty with a hot cup of coffee.

FYI: All Y'all Northern Yankees;-)) Rentals & House sales are going through the Roof, Some are saying NO more Cold Weather for Us. On the News!!

Comment

Originally posted by Red Angus View Post
              We started at 8° this morning and slowly worked our way up to a blistering 15° this afternoon. According to the forecast we'll be below zero by morning. We have a fire going and, iffen it stays this cold too long, we might start another.
              Beware of starting a fire in a charcoal burner indoors.
              It can cause fatalities from coal gas poisoning!

Comment

Originally posted by Treestand View Post
                We fired up the Lp fire place last night it was 59* in the house & 20 minutes+/- it was 73* nice and toasty with a hot cup of coffee.

FYI: All Y'all Northern Yankees;-)) Rentals & House sales are going through the Roof, Some are saying NO more Cold Weather for Us. On the News!!
                According to Jerry Seinfeld, when you turn 65 in New York, you have to move to Florida.
                It's the law!

Comment

We're setup with a wood furnace in the basement and a wood stove in the living room.

Comment

I believe that,I believe that!! ........One question 99, Who's Jerry Seinfeld ???

Comment

Mz Toni has family in Erie PA, 53" of New Snow in 25Hrs State record. They had an invite for Christmas week, Now they can't get a flight out, and asked if the invite is still good? Yes always for family.

Comment

Mz Toni has family in Erie PA, 53" of New Snow in 25Hrs State record. They had an invite for Christmas week, Now they can't get a flight out, and asked if the invite is still good? Yes always for family.
                        Caught a news flash this AM and Erie is expecting a few more feet of snow.
                        Biggest storm I saw was in upstate NY. In the blizzard of 1966 we got 66" in 24 hours. I was in the plow business at the time - paid for my power wagon during that one storm.

Comment

Wed 12/27 5:30am it is 3deg in Ohio

Comment

Upside- I took advantage of the frozen ground to top off the woodsheds up near the front door from the shed back behind the coop.

Downside- I heat primarily with wood and in this weather need to get up in the middle of the night to keep things blazing. If I'm down to coals at 7AM the temp has dropped 15 degrees in this kind of cold. this weekends going to be down to single digits several nights in a row. At my place that means I'll be running heat in the utility room to keep the pressure tank valve from freezing.

Comment

12 degrees in Wichita...feels like 0. About to head out and check a few trail cameras I have up over some food sources. Hopefully I can get on a good late season buck or doe.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget