Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hey guys. Just wanted to let you all know that I will no longer be posting on OL.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey guys. Just wanted to let you all know that I will no longer be posting on OL.

Glad to see some new core guys posting daily, but the site just isn't what it used to be for me...was a good 5+ year run. Take care everyone.

How about F&S?

Comment

I can not truely say that I have not had some of the same thoughts, but not yet up to leaving the site ! Sorry to hear your news, I have enjoyed your posts and comments. Hope you might reconsider, maybe after cooling down about what has led up to this. Take care until that time !

Comment

With the recent upsurge of activity on OL, I have been checking in daily, as I have always done on F&S, rather than weekly because there were so few new questions being posted on OL.
        I now go back and forth between the two sites, for double the pleasure.
        You will be leaving just as things are starting to look up.

Comment

I agree with 99, things are picking up now that hunting is over. Check in when you can you never know who may be on the site. Jim

Comment

Originally posted by 99explorer View Post
            With the recent upsurge of activity on OL, I have been checking in daily, as I have always done on F&S, rather than weekly because there were so few new questions being posted on OL.
            First, Charlie Elk disappeared back during the website facelift.
            Later, HuntFishTrap flew from the Outdoor Life nest.
            Now brother JM is taking off.
            The OL Top Ten point users are dropping like flies. LOL, only joking.
            JM, you are a young man with your life ahead you.
            Best of luck in the future. Hate to see you go, brother. ?
            Happy Holidays !!
            99, you hit the nail on the head. ? +1

Comment

Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post
              I agree with 99, things are picking up now that hunting is over. Check in when you can you never know who may be on the site. Jim
              Our gun deer season runs through February 10th, small game until the 1st week of March. Turkey season is March 20 through the end of April and there is no closed season on pigs, coyotes, etc. So, hunting season is never truly over.

Comment

vaya Con Dious ,until we meet again, sometimes we have to get away from things before we realize what we have,

Comment

Before you leave how about giving things a chance to spin a new twist on this site ? What do you have to lose ?

Comment

Check in on F&S now & then...Good luck on your new Spot.

Comment

Good Luck, Sir.
                      I'll admit I'm still lurking around, but now days go by sometimes without me thinking about it or seeing anything I feel like responding to.

On the F&S vs. OL answers sections.
                      The thing I always liked about O&L was it stayed more germane. There were less questions posted, but due to that they stayed in the foreground and got a little more thought, and back and forth went on for a day or two. F&S always had a constant flood of topics, a lot of them having little to do with the outdoors beyond tangentially, and as such it was just a constantly moving ticker tape. ( I happen to be a huge fan of some of the magazine's writers and own a few books by those gentlemen as well) The uptick in activity here (and realize this is just my own taste) has been a bit more along the lines of sports and cute animal videos, which doesn't cause me to log in and speak up much anymore. I don't expect anyone to care about my own preferences in particular, but I doubt I'm alone.
                      Just my humble opinion on the matter.

In any case, JM will be missed.

edit- I will note that the last week or two coming off the season does seem to have a lot of relevant questions and topics.

Comment

Originally posted by FirstBubba View Post
                        How about F&S?
                        Well, apparently he never made it to F&S. Too bad because I liked his posts

Comment

Originally posted by 99explorer View Post
                          Ah, but Gary there's always a new group making it to the top 10

Comment

Originally posted by jcarlin View Post
                            Good Luck, Sir.
                            I'll admit I'm still lurking around, but now days go by sometimes without me thinking about it or seeing anything I feel like responding to.

On the F&S vs. OL answers sections.
                            The thing I always liked about O&L was it stayed more germane. There were less questions posted, but due to that they stayed in the foreground and got a little more thought, and back and forth went on for a day or two. F&S always had a constant flood of topics, a lot of them having little to do with the outdoors beyond tangentially, and as such it was just a constantly moving ticker tape. ( I happen to be a huge fan of some of the magazine's writers and own a few books by those gentlemen as well) The uptick in activity here (and realize this is just my own taste) has been a bit more along the lines of sports and cute animal videos, which doesn't cause me to log in and speak up much anymore. I don't expect anyone to care about my own preferences in particular, but I doubt I'm alone.
                            Just my humble opinion on the matter.

In any case, JM will be missed.

edit- I will note that the last week or two coming off the season does seem to have a lot of relevant questions and topics.
                            And let me guess who was posting the sports and cute animal photos... Hmmm, could it be the one who complains about points?

Comment

Hate to see you are no longer posting here. I've spent the last week going through your old questions and really enjoyed reading and responding. Best wishes JM

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Blade Stain
                                by jhjimbo
                                Anybody have tips for getting stains off knife blades. I have a nice, K-Bar I would like to clean up and a 3" Western. All different kinds of stains,...
                                Today, 11:40 AM
                              • Home Defense
                                by jhjimbo
                                If you are using your bird gun for double duty of house defense remember to remove the plug. Might as well have full magazine capacity. Also, I have...
                                10-20-2020, 02:15 PM
                              • Pay it forward
                                by fitch270
                                I'm not sure how much interest this will generate but I figured I'd give it a shot and see how it goes. As a way of saying thanks for the help and entertainment...
                                10-18-2020, 01:34 PM
                              • Reloading Gear Order
                                by fitch270
                                I have a bunch of stuff in a cart at Midway and wanted to check with you guys before I place the order. A few things on the cheap side I want to make...
                                10-17-2020, 08:31 AM
                              • Ruger Oops! Round 2
                                by dewman
                                Asked girls if they want it. (Mk4 Hunter) No. We want another rifle so we aren't sharing the one single shot. Some phone calls and a pal & me meet...
                                10-16-2020, 03:20 PM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X