Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think the weather is being manipulated ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you think the weather is being manipulated ?

Some think Governments, military and others have the capability to alter the weather.

No.

Comment

Yes. This has been done for decades. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weather_modification

Comment

I seen glaciers receding lines marked last one hundred years,global warming is a fact,Is mankind responsible? Well that's debatable but I can,t see how we have helped to prevent it much either.Can weather be changed.? There is cloud seeding ,but that's over a small area,I can,t believe large weather patterns can be manipulated.If global warming causes sea levels to rise ,then where has it risen?If Polar bears become extinct because of weather change,then he certainly wouldn't be the first creature to do so.

Comment

Originally posted by 6phunter View Post
          I seen glaciers receding lines marked last one hundred years,global warming is a fact,Is mankind responsible? Well that's debatable but I can,t see how we have helped to prevent it much either.Can weather be changed.? There is cloud seeding ,but that's over a small area,I can,t believe large weather patterns can be manipulated.If global warming causes sea levels to rise ,then where has it risen?If Polar bears become extinct because of weather change,then he certainly wouldn't be the first creature to do so.
          Glaciers have been retreating and advancing cyclically forever, and actually sea ice has been increasing in some areas.

Comment

Additionally, this WW2 plane was found buried 260 feet under ice in Greenland! So the ice there had increased a good bit between WW2 and the 80s.

http://www.nytimes.com/1988/08/04/us/world-war-ii-planes-found-in-greenland-in-ice-260-feet-deep.html

Comment

Not on a large scale, no. But altering weather isn't as hard as some people think. Think of something like a lightning rod on a house. You are literally manipulating where lightning strikes.

Comment

10,000 years ago , a microsecond in the history of the earth, Mid-America was burried under a glacier - as it moved south, it formed amoung other things the great lakes. All the rubble carried south by the glacier ended up being Florida as the glacier melted when it got to the warmer climate.

Comment

I'm with MATTM37.....NO.

Comment

Nice read,good point Henry, I have read where Ice at the South Pole has grown thicker but I have no proof that it is so.

Comment

Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post
                      10,000 years ago , a microsecond in the history of the earth, Mid-America was burried under a glacier - as it moved south, it formed amoung other things the great lakes. All the rubble carried south by the glacier ended up being Florida as the glacier melted when it got to the warmer climate.
                      You brought up a valid point,keeping records on weather patterns is only recent compared to the eons that they have been changing.

Comment

Originally posted by JM View Post
                        Not on a large scale, no. But altering weather isn't as hard as some people think. Think of something like a lightning rod on a house. You are literally manipulating where lightning strikes.
                        Correcto

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Help picking a shotgun for a small woman
                          by darkfire
                          I am a 4'11 and small, looking for a new shotgun for turkey hunting. I am currently going on my 3rd year of turkey hunting (no luck so far :/ ) and looking...
                          05-27-2020, 09:30 AM
                        • Hunts not happening
                          by pawoods79
                          Here is a question:

With the virus causing travel restrictions and border closures should the clients (customers) be out their deposits?...
                          05-14-2020, 03:39 AM
                        • Backup gun
                          by seantbruso
                          What do you guys think is a good backup pistol for washinton state. My biggest threat where i hunt is mountain lions. i currently carry either a 38 special...
                          05-09-2020, 05:47 AM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X