Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think the weather is being manipulated ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6phunter
    replied
    Originally posted by JM View Post
    Not on a large scale, no. But altering weather isn't as hard as some people think. Think of something like a lightning rod on a house. You are literally manipulating where lightning strikes.
    Correcto

Leave a comment:

• 6phunter
    replied
    Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post
    10,000 years ago , a microsecond in the history of the earth, Mid-America was burried under a glacier - as it moved south, it formed amoung other things the great lakes. All the rubble carried south by the glacier ended up being Florida as the glacier melted when it got to the warmer climate.
    You brought up a valid point,keeping records on weather patterns is only recent compared to the eons that they have been changing.

Leave a comment:

• 6phunter
    replied
    Originally posted by 6phunter View Post
    I seen glaciers receding lines marked last one hundred years,global warming is a fact,Is mankind responsible? Well that's debatable but I can,t see how we have helped to prevent it much either.Can weather be changed.? There is cloud seeding ,but that's over a small area,I can,t believe large weather patterns can be manipulated.If global warming causes sea levels to rise ,then where has it risen?If Polar bears become extinct because of weather change,then he certainly wouldn't be the first creature to do so.
    Nice read,good point Henry, I have read where Ice at the South Pole has grown thicker but I have no proof that it is so.

Leave a comment:

• Treestand
    replied
    I'm with MATTM37.....NO.

Leave a comment:

• jhjimbo
    replied
    10,000 years ago , a microsecond in the history of the earth, Mid-America was burried under a glacier - as it moved south, it formed amoung other things the great lakes. All the rubble carried south by the glacier ended up being Florida as the glacier melted when it got to the warmer climate.

Leave a comment:

• JM
    replied
    Not on a large scale, no. But altering weather isn't as hard as some people think. Think of something like a lightning rod on a house. You are literally manipulating where lightning strikes.

Leave a comment:

• Henry
    replied
    I seen glaciers receding lines marked last one hundred years,global warming is a fact,Is mankind responsible? Well that's debatable but I can,t see how we have helped to prevent it much either.Can weather be changed.? There is cloud seeding ,but that's over a small area,I can,t believe large weather patterns can be manipulated.If global warming causes sea levels to rise ,then where has it risen?If Polar bears become extinct because of weather change,then he certainly wouldn't be the first creature to do so.
    Additionally, this WW2 plane was found buried 260 feet under ice in Greenland! So the ice there had increased a good bit between WW2 and the 80s.

http://www.nytimes.com/1988/08/04/us/world-war-ii-planes-found-in-greenland-in-ice-260-feet-deep.html

Leave a comment:

• Henry
    replied
    Glaciers have been retreating and advancing cyclically forever, and actually sea ice has been increasing in some areas.

Leave a comment:

• 6phunter
    replied

Leave a comment:

• PigHunter
    replied
    Yes. This has been done for decades. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weather_modification

Leave a comment:

• MattM37
    replied
    No.

Leave a comment:

• jhjimbo
    started a topic Do you think the weather is being manipulated ?

Do you think the weather is being manipulated ?

Some think Governments, military and others have the capability to alter the weather.

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Trivia.
    by 99explorer
    What athlete has played in both the World Series and the Super Bowl?
    12-24-2019, 02:48 PM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X