Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

little details some times payoff,which way is an animal more likely to turn?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• little details some times payoff,which way is an animal more likely to turn?

Tracking

Directly away from me at 600 yards.

Comment

Originally posted by jcarlin View Post
      I can't think of a better answer...

Comment

6P, are you talking about tracking? Is it an animal you're hunting or one that you've wounded? I don't understand your post without context. Why don't you ditch the cryptic style and be more specific in what you want to say?

Comment

Originally posted by PigHunter View Post
          6P, are you talking about tracking? Is it an animal you're hunting or one that you've wounded? I don't understand your post without context. Why don't you ditch the cryptic style and be more specific in what you want to say?
          Not sure how long you've been a member here, but this is the way 6p has always written. He was here when I joined, which was quite a few years ago. I don't know why he writes like this, but I've given up hope of an improvement.

Comment

Originally posted by PigHunter View Post
            Maybe we should join him. Buck on slope, downhill at sunrise, Reese's Peanut Butter in pack? Scent control!

Comment

Seems pretty simple to me,unless there is more ways to turn other than right or left,my note pad doesn't allow a lot of room for asking questions before it goes behind a screen,therefore I strive to shorten my questions,btw seems like you askef to liven up this site,now answer the forkin question if you know the answer,because I do know the answer to my questions,some of you guys haven't dpent enough time in the woods to know to darn much,cept punchin holes in targets at 600yards on a cloudy,windy day

Comment

Originally posted by 6phunter View Post
                Seems pretty simple to me,unless there is more ways to turn other than right or left,my note pad doesn't allow a lot of room for asking questions before it goes behind a screen,therefore I strive to shorten my questions,btw seems like you askef to liven up this site,now answer the forkin question if you know the answer,because I do know the answer to my questions,some of you guys haven't dpent enough time in the woods to know to darn much,cept punchin holes in targets at 600yards on a cloudy,windy day
                Well then lay it on us, 6p. I am curious what your answer is.

Comment

Easy---the other way.

Comment

Originally posted by 6phunter View Post
                    Left,for some reason they are left lead,horses are taught to change lead when running at tracks,dogs change lead when they tire

Comment

I can't think of any answer, I don't even know what the heck the question is. It could be, aaahh, no that's not it, maybe how far can someone......, no that doesn't fit either. I'll bet it pertains to seeing how long we can keep our brains from being fried trying to figure all this out ! I give up, I'm cooked !

Comment

I hate to admit that I've been thinking of this. As far as travel direction turning, I think deer have always gone the way they want to go no matter what happened. But when startled? Most deer I've seen who made a decision to beat feet in hurry either continued straight ahead if passing wide of the perceived threat, or turned back directly on the path they came in on. When they turned back, regardless of the direction they were facing relative to me, just about every time I can recall I think the deer whirled to their left to turn around. Could be my recollection playing tricks on me.

Comment

I hate to admit that I've been thinking of this. As far as travel direction turning, I think deer have always gone the way they want to go no matter what happened. But when startled? Most deer I've seen who made a decision to beat feet in hurry either continued straight ahead if passing wide of the perceived threat, or turned back directly on the path they came in on. When they turned back, regardless of the direction they were facing relative to me, just about every time I can recall I think the deer whirled to their left to turn around. Could be my recollection playing tricks on me.
                          Correct,4legged animals are naturally left leaded,race horses are taught flying change of lead running counter clockwise to take advantage of that fact on the turns, dogs change leads after they tire,but quickly change back

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Covid-19
                            by jhjimbo
                            Any indication a game animal can get the virus ? The news had a case of a dog in I think NC that got the virus.

Tucker Carlson had a guest...
                            09-17-2020, 10:38 PM
                          • Spur of the moment rifle
                            by Amflyer
                            I stopped in the local Scheels the other day so see about getting some IMR 4831. As a slow-ish old school powder I thought that the current buying craze...
                            09-17-2020, 11:25 AM
                          • The $20 Shooting Shack
                            by fitch270
                            So we’ve been doing some outside remodeling and dismantled some decking. The stuff wasn’t good enough to reuse on the house when we redo the decks...
                            09-16-2020, 10:23 PM
                          • When is it equipment vs when it is you?
                            by dewman
                            one of my range only pals stopped by last night. I showed him my new mk4 and he showed me his. He had spent a lot of $ on upgrades. A lot. Showed me some...
                            09-15-2020, 08:42 AM
                          • Dewman goes Teal hunting.
                            by dewman
                            So one of the farmers who doesn't hunt doves does hunt rails & snipe which opened the 1st, and teal which opened yesterday (Saturday). He asked me...
                            09-13-2020, 04:48 PM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X