Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hi...!!Has everyone in VA heard about VA's DNR saying that in addition to posted signs...you can 'post' your property with purple paint...??Vertical stripes 8" long and no more than 100 feet apart on the trees can be used to post your property...!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pathfinder1
    replied
    Originally posted by Okwaho View Post
    Interesting. But it might be six of one, half a dozen of the other: The signs get ripped down, thus the paint ... but a trespasser could then say that he had no idea what purple paint meant. I imagine the state does a widespread education campaign?
    Hi...!!

I don't know about "widespread education", but they have it in their new published reg's...!!

Leave a comment:

• Pathfinder1
    replied
    Originally posted by charlie elk View Post
    Here it's illegal to hunt on any private land where you don't have permission.
    Hi...!!

Now, there's a law that I like...!!

Leave a comment:

• Pathfinder1
    replied
    Hi...!!

I just had a thought...Put your Posted Signs OVER the paint marks...Then, if the signs should be removed, the paint would remain...!! YAY

Leave a comment:

• Pathfinder1
    replied
    Originally posted by huntfishtrap View Post
    I could be wrong, but I don't think paint is a legally recognized alternative to signs here. It's not a common practice, at any rate. I don't think I would be a big fan of it, personally. Seems kind of like defacing the woods (although signs aren't exactly attractive, either).
    Hi...!!

The painted trees were to be in the same areas as your Posted Signs would be...on the borders of the property...!!

Leave a comment:

• huntfishtrap
    replied
    I could be wrong, but I don't think paint is a legally recognized alternative to signs here. It's not a common practice, at any rate. I don't think I would be a big fan of it, personally. Seems kind of like defacing the woods (although signs aren't exactly attractive, either).

Leave a comment:

• charlie elk
    replied
    Here it's illegal to hunt on any private land where you don't have permission.

Leave a comment:

• Ontario Honker Hunter
    replied
    Big problem with this concept is the animal lovers will all run out and paint trees purple. Similarly in Montana the landowners can paint the top foot or so of gate and corner posts red and that means property is closed to public hunting. The commercial guide twerp who leases the adjacent property goes and paints his neighbor's posts red to create a game sanctuary next to his business. Also making signs for clandestine purposes is quite a bit more expensive proposition than buying a can of spray paint.

Signs that are put up without the landowner's permission can be easily taken down. Removing paint is a bit more difficult.

Leave a comment:

• Okwaho
    replied
    Interesting. But it might be six of one, half a dozen of the other: The signs get ripped down, thus the paint ... but a trespasser could then say that he had no idea what purple paint meant. I imagine the state does a widespread education campaign?

Leave a comment:

• JM
    replied
    Are you angry or happy about this? Paint as always been allowed in our states. It's highly visible and can't be taken down by poachers as an excuse, so we have various trees on our property sprayed...often times the same trees have have signs on them.

Leave a comment:

• Hi...!!Has everyone in VA heard about VA's DNR saying that in addition to posted signs...you can 'post' your property with purple paint...??Vertical stripes 8" long and no more than 100 feet apart on the trees can be used to post your property...!

Hi...!! Has everyone in VA heard about VA's DNR saying that in addition to posted signs...you can 'post' your property with purple paint...?? Vertical stripes 8" long and no more than 100 feet apart on the trees can be used to post your property...!! They stated that since sometimes the posters would be unlawfully removed from the trees, the purple paint would be adequate to take the places of the 'posted signs'...!! The stripes must also be a certain height from the ground, also...!!

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget