Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What color tint is best for hunting sunglasses? Brown, green, yellow, gray, blue or something else?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JM View Post
    Have you tried eye black before(like a football or baseball player would use)? Does a great job at reducing glare, especially if paired with a billed hat. I would do everything in my power to avoid wearing sunglasses while hunting, but if I had to pick a pair I'd pick a black or some other dark color.
    --
    You could also get tented lens covers on your rifle scope if you wanted to avoid sunglasses.
    I've tried them and wear em sometimes depending on the lighting. The problem has been they're too dark, cause me to miss seeing game I'd normally have no trouble seeing on cloudy days. I'm getting ready to order some tinted prescription glasses which will be polarized. My normal clear hunting lenses are polarized and help some; I think a tint would help more. The answers here sound like rose-colored glasses might be the way to go.

Comment

I almost never wear sunglasses when hunting. The only time I do is during the winter when the sun is really glaring off the snow. Then I just use my polarized fishing sunglasses - the lenses on those are gray. I have just never needed sunglasses for hunting, beyond that. I know people who swear by amber lenses; they say that the amber color really helps brighten things in low light. Never tried them myself though.

Comment

Hi...!!

Polarized is good, but...to best PROTECT your eyes...make sure that the glasses have a high UV rating...!! In time, UV can SERIOUSLY hurt your eyes...!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ontario Honker Hunter View Post
          Years (no decades) ago I had a pair of prescription glasses in "soft pink" tint. They were designed to reduce the glare from office fluorescent tube light fixtures. Worked VERY well when hunting in snow. Let's see ... I think I have a photo. Yep. 1981. When hunting I prefer to have as much color vision variability as possible so I seldom wear sunglasses. Clip-on sunglasses are a genuine handicap. Adding that extra layer of glass/plastic really cuts back on sharpness.
          Charlie: That's not the big one. Check this out: http://www.fieldandstream.com/photos/trophy-room/hunting/big-game/elk/big-bull-1971

Comment

Let I just say that this is the first time I have ordered from this seller and, as such, was a little hesitant to make the purchase. However, the customer service oriented approach used quickly dispelled these worries. Within a day of submitting my order, I received an email from them thanking me for my purchase and stating that they had included a complimentary hard case and the microfiber cloth with these sunglasses. Within a day of receiving my order, I received a followup email from them thanking me again for the order and assuring 100% customer satisfaction. Outstanding work for it made me, the customer, feel important and confident in my purchase.

Comment

Originally posted by Ontario Honker Hunter View Post
              Years (no decades) ago I had a pair of prescription glasses in "soft pink" tint. They were designed to reduce the glare from office fluorescent tube light fixtures. Worked VERY well when hunting in snow. Let's see ... I think I have a photo. Yep. 1981. When hunting I prefer to have as much color vision variability as possible so I seldom wear sunglasses. Clip-on sunglasses are a genuine handicap. Adding that extra layer of glass/plastic really cuts back on sharpness.
              I've always liked this photo

Comment

Originally posted by JM View Post
                Have you tried eye black before(like a football or baseball player would use)? Does a great job at reducing glare, especially if paired with a billed hat. I would do everything in my power to avoid wearing sunglasses while hunting, but if I had to pick a pair I'd pick a black or some other dark color.
                --
                You could also get tented lens covers on your rifle scope if you wanted to avoid sunglasses.
                I'd check with an optometrist.

Comment

Originally posted by Buckshott00 View Post
                  It depends on the lighting conditions. I tend to go with red or pink fairly often. Orange and Yellow work pretty well too.
                  I've used yellow and it seems to add contrast.

Comment

Originally posted by pineywoods View Post
                    I don't wear sunglasses when I hunt. Most of my hunting is done in woodland and at either end of the day, so I don't want to cut down on light. Can't stand yellow.

For fishing (salt water) I have prescription polarized glasses in the brown tint which increases contrast and helps me see fish. Not that it makes them bite, but at least I know they're there.
                    Country Road, once again we are on the same page

Comment

I'm like Country Road and spend most of my hunting day in wooded locations. My latest glasses only have UV protection. Any coating for tint necessarily inhibits light transmission. I went to a lot of trouble buying better scopes and don't want to degrade their light transmission with coatings on my glasses.

How Do You Choose the Best Lens Tint?
                      https://blog.safetyglassesusa.com/how-do-you-choose-the-best-lens-tint/

Understanding Shooting Glasses Lens Colors
                      https://blog.safetyglassesusa.com/understand-your-shooting-safety-glasses-lens-color-options/

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget