Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which do you prefer head net or face paint? and why?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which do you prefer head net or face paint? and why?

Which do you prefer head net or face paint? and why?

I prefer face paint, but if there are any bugs to deal with I'll use a head net. I think for hunting purposes face paint is better. It's like wearing a hood...if it's raining sure, but you wouldn't want to do it all the time since it restricts your sight and hearing.

Comment

I'm a head net guy.
      Bugs as stated by JM.
      But ease of putting on and cleaning up, lack of glare off my skin, and the fact that it physically breaks the shape of the head as well as visually are all factors for me.

Comment

I absolutely will not wear face paint. I just hate the feel of it on my skin. I honestly don't think camouflaging your face is that big of a deal anyway, for most species. For some sharp-eyed birds such as turkeys, ducks, and crows, it's very helpful. But I never wear a head net when deer hunting, unless the bugs are bad. I don't really like to wear head nets either, hence my reluctance to do so when it's not absolutely necessary. They can cut off some of your peripheral vision, and screw up your anchor point when shooting a bow if you aren't careful.
        On a related note, do you guys think that growing a full beard would eliminate the need for any facial camo?

Comment

I'm not real crazy about face paint, but I use it because a head net or face mask can cause condensation from my breath on my glasses, and that's a no-no. If I'm wearing contacts, which I hate, I'll wear a half mask. I don't want my shiny, pale face and hands to spook a gobbler, and even carry a spare set in my vest.

Face paint is very effective, but messy and inconvenient to wash off if I want to make a quick trip to town to get breakfast. Don't want to frighten the citizens, or get laughed at, either.

When it comes to bugs, I have my Thermacell and plenty of DEET.

Comment

I also can't stand to wear face paint. My personal setup is a half mask pulled up to just under my eyes and a camo baseball cap with the brim pulled down low.

Comment

Full leafy head net. I'm like HFT....don't like that goop on my face. Also, my beard is white and the head net hides that well and I don't have to worry about goop in my beard. Plus, here in FL it helps with the bugs.

Comment

Head net. Breaks up the human form more, and I can't stand the feel of stuff on my face.

Comment

Hi...!!

My preference would be a mosquito net...Provides good Camo...And helps GREATLY if those pesky mosquitoes are bothering you...!!

Comment

Face net, it comes off about 30 times easyer and faster than paint

Comment

Face paint worked real well on hiding from the old gobbler I killed the day after posting on this question.

Comment

Originally posted by jcarlin View Post
                        I'm a head net guy.
                        Bugs as stated by JM.
                        But ease of putting on and cleaning up, lack of glare off my skin, and the fact that it physically breaks the shape of the head as well as visually are all factors for me.
                        Excellent answer JM

Comment

Originally posted by huntfishtrap View Post
                          I absolutely will not wear face paint. I just hate the feel of it on my skin. I honestly don't think camouflaging your face is that big of a deal anyway, for most species. For some sharp-eyed birds such as turkeys, ducks, and crows, it's very helpful. But I never wear a head net when deer hunting, unless the bugs are bad. I don't really like to wear head nets either, hence my reluctance to do so when it's not absolutely necessary. They can cut off some of your peripheral vision, and screw up your anchor point when shooting a bow if you aren't careful.
                          On a related note, do you guys think that growing a full beard would eliminate the need for any facial camo?
                          LOL! Just get the beard caught in your in your release and get back with me after that.

Comment

Originally posted by pineywoods View Post
                            I'm not real crazy about face paint, but I use it because a head net or face mask can cause condensation from my breath on my glasses, and that's a no-no. If I'm wearing contacts, which I hate, I'll wear a half mask. I don't want my shiny, pale face and hands to spook a gobbler, and even carry a spare set in my vest.

Face paint is very effective, but messy and inconvenient to wash off if I want to make a quick trip to town to get breakfast. Don't want to frighten the citizens, or get laughed at, either.

When it comes to bugs, I have my Thermacell and plenty of DEET.
                            Country Road, you and I hunt in near conditions. A half net is as far as I'll go too.

Comment

Originally posted by pineywoods View Post
                              Face paint worked real well on hiding from the old gobbler I killed the day after posting on this question.
                              Thanks for the update!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget